• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Citizen Series 8.

WRENCH

• 4 months later...

In addition to these new movements, the watches also have enhanced magnetic resistance essential for our modern digital society, providing protection against magnetic fields generated by smartphones, tablets, and other devices that can affect the accuracy of the watch.

Seriously? Or marketing BS? :)

On 19/11/2021 at 14:11, spinynorman said:

Seriously? Or marketing BS? :)

Other manufacturers are coming away with similar spiel, so maybe a bit of both.

Interestingly, I have never experienced problems with watches getting magnetised untill recently, and if anything, my current lifestyle is less likely to place me in an environment likely to cause this problem. One of the watches (Seiko) was magnetised new out of the box, and a friend had a similar issue with a new +£6K chronometer, which has a high anti-magnetic spec. Just makes you wonder what causes it ?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Other manufacturers are coming away with similar spiel, so maybe a bit of both.

Interestingly, I have never experienced problems with watches getting magnetised untill recently, and if anything, my current lifestyle is less likely to place me in an environment likely to cause this problem. One of the watches (Seiko) was magnetised new out of the box, and a friend had a similar issue with a new +£6K chronometer, which has a high anti-magnetic spec. Just makes you wonder what causes it ?

I had a problem with an old Rolex in the 1980s when I was using those old green screen computer monitors. I didn't know what to do about it at the time and the jeweller I took it to didn't believe that was the problem, so just serviced and regulated it. Two days later it was just as erratic as before. I've been using modern PCs, phones and tablets for a long time, though, and never had a watch problem I could trace to those.