• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

what would you do????

Just a thought, if you had a choice of one watch an OMEGA AQUA TERRA . Or three watches a longines spirit. 40 mil. a Tudor 1926, 39 mil ,and a Hamilton khaki field 40mil.  what would be your choice.????

I am assuming you are buying. If so try on the aquaterra, if it's anything like my deville coaxial the bracelet is a very dainty date I say ladylike affair. Not what you would call substantial. Also at the £4.5k mark I would put a bit more in the pot and go Rolex.

The other 3 watches all look pretty much the same dress watch.

• Like 1

Very subjective.... are you wanting 1 watch or 3? Do the 3 add up to the 1 price wise?

Omega for me.

Longines is ok. Wouldn't wear the Tudor. Hamilton is.......yea ok. So I would probably only wear the Longines out of the 3..... and then would wish I'd bought the Omega.

50 minutes ago, chas g said:

I am assuming you are buying. If so try on the aquaterra, if it's anything like my deville coaxial the bracelet is a very dainty date I say ladylike affair. Not what you would call substantial. Also at the £4.5k mark I would put a bit more in the pot and go Rolex.

The other 3 watches all look pretty much the same dress watch.

the aqua terra bracelet is pretty substantial, its pretty rugged. 

In terms of cost, you can get a decent discount on Omega, plus for the same price (oyster perpetual) the Aqua terra is a better watch from a technical stand point. I have the new OP36 and while its a lovely watch, i would have bought the Aqua Terra if i already didnt have a few Omegas. 

• Like 1

If All of my watches were taken away as a result, then I might go for the three (or 3, 4, 5+ others) to have a starter collection of watches I like.

If I still had the rest of my collection in tact, then the Aqua Terra all day long, as it is very much on my grail list.

But thats because personally, I would want more than one watch, to be able to swap and change day-to-day (and indeed during the day most likely).

If I was a 1 watch guy, againt the Omega wins it for me.

Thanks for all your thoughts.

I do seem to have a problem, or fear of wearing a watch that costs nearly 5000 pounds. I have four tudors all around three thousand. I seem to have a problem wearing something over this price.. anyone else feel this way?????

If it was an easily recognisable watch eg Rolex, panerai etc then I think there is a risk which is why I sold my 3 rolex. I dont fear getting mugged for my franck muller, cartier, omega or breitling or indeed the jaeger lecoultre I flipped. If you get the Omega you should be at no more at risk than if you were wearing a seiko dress watch. Unless someone is very close they wont recognise it. Get it insured for peace of mind.

22 minutes ago, chas g said:

If it was an easily recognisable watch eg Rolex, panerai etc then I think there is a risk which is why I sold my 3 rolex. I dont fear getting mugged for my franck muller, cartier, omega or breitling or indeed the jaeger lecoultre I flipped. If you get the Omega you should be at no more at risk than if you were wearing a seiko dress watch. Unless someone is very close they wont recognise it. Get it insured for peace of mind.

Thats a very good point. its one of the reasons my OP will be the only rolex i own, i only wear it when im at home or black tie events. even though they are insured i dont fancy losing my teeth.

• Agree 1

We are in no position to determine your personal taste @pauul. Personally, I'd be unlikely to buy any of them  --  but, if forced, it would be the AT.

If this is a "real life question" (we get a lot of questions here which would best be described as "hypothetical"), you need to follow your heart  --  but bear in mind that the heart is a fickle thing, and your tastes will change over time.

• Agree 2

Do we have to make this choice because the apocalypse has just happened and they are the last watches available in the world? Seems to happen a lot. If so, I'd go the three cause you never know when you might break one when you're out on a hunt. If the world hasn't ended .... I'd probably still take the three, but just because I'm not that fussed about an Aqua Terra. Don't ask why, I don't really know, I think they are a very attractive design but I just don't think I'd want to wear it enough to justify it being "the one".

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, yokel said:

We are in no position to determine your personal taste @pauul. Personally, I'd be unlikely to buy any of them  --  but, if forced, it would be the AT.

If this is a "real life question" (we get a lot of questions here which would best be described as "hypothetical"), you need to follow your heart  --  but bear in mind that the heart is a fickle thing, and your tastes will change over time.

Just so. In a real life scenario I would buy something I really liked. It wouldn’t be any of those.

8 hours ago, pauul said:

Just a thought, if you had a choice of one watch an OMEGA AQUA TERRA . Or three watches a longines spirit. 40 mil. a Tudor 1926, 39 mil ,and a Hamilton khaki field 40mil.  what would be your choice.????

Because I very much dislike that specific Tudor and I never like field watches, the choice would be an easy Omega for me!

But substitute that 1926 and the Khaki Field for a Tudor Black Bay of some sorts and that would quickly change.

If life goes to plan then my next 2/3 watches will be in the £1-2,000 range before I start looking at the big lads.

I can’t see me ever selling any of them and I enjoy having a variety of watches to wear rather than one special watch at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1