Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Insurance


Recommended Posts

A rather boring and probably short topic, but do you insure your watches? if so, do you add them as a named item on your home insurance or get specialist watch insurance?

 

Ive just got quotes, one from TH March for £450 per year to cover 3 watches at around £10,000 but the same cover only costs £100 on my home contents insurance. 

Both policies cover the watches inside and away from home

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, WickerBill said:

A rather boring and probably short topic, but do you insure your watches? if so, do you add them as a named item on your home insurance or get specialist watch insurance?

 

Ive just got quotes, one from TH March for £450 per year to cover 3 watches at around £10,000 but the same cover only costs £100 on my home contents insurance. 

Both policies cover the watches inside and away from home

Ours is on the contents, doesn’t cost much more.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, chas g said:

Watches are easily stolen. Be unlikely anyone is going to steal your 3 piece suite unless you give them a hand to carry it :-)

haha yes i realised that :-p i just wondered why there was such a difference between watch specialist insurance and adding them to the contents insurance!

Sounds like i will be going down the contents insurance route....an extra £8 a month for peace of mind is worth it i think 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SolaVeritate said:

My insurance is that I'm a quite large hairy and sometimes angry scottish guy with pointy objects.

I went to bank in  South Kensington. I left and followed a huge black bloke with a case on a chain up queens gate. 2 skinny oiks ran past me. Within a minute they had the bloke on the floor and case off his wrist.  They then jumped in a car that had screamed the wrong way down the road. It all happened incredibly quickly.  I dont think he had even got off the floor before they were away. Apparently the case had about £13k in it. I gave a the police the car reg and a description and never heard anything more from them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/07/2021 at 18:06, chas g said:

I went to bank in  South Kensington. I left and followed a huge black bloke with a case on a chain up queens gate. 2 skinny oiks ran past me. Within a minute they had the bloke on the floor and case off his wrist.  They then jumped in a car that had screamed the wrong way down the road. It all happened incredibly quickly.  I dont think he had even got off the floor before they were away. Apparently the case had about £13k in it. I gave a the police the car reg and a description and never heard anything more from them

 

7 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

Doesn’t work when your not there :biggrin:

Hmm.. see.. i never said it was good or even adequate.. I'm just pointing out that it's all the insurance I have.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, SolaVeritate said:

 

Hmm.. see.. i never said it was good or even adequate.. I'm just pointing out that it's all the insurance I have.

I thought my face would be adequate insurance against unplanned pregnancies, turns out I was wrong.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...