• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hear me out, there is this vintage inspired microbrand diver....

....it looks lovely, a little skin diver looking, a shade of Oris 65, handwinding,  selitta movement, sexy applied gilt markers, at 40mm a sweet spot size but still slim despite the dome on top, 3 colour options....

https://timeandtidewatches.com/micro-mondays-hvd-spectrediver-cracking-vintage-diver-400/

And just $399!

I know I shouldn't........

RESISTANCE IS WHATNOW????

I do quite like that apart from the scratched dial.

Alternatively, you could buy a non-date Amphibia, and an extra 2409.01 movement and slim caseback to make it hand wound. About $110 should do it and it's a fun project :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Not sure about the scratches. The smokey white dial one on the second link is very nice though (and can’t see the scratching too much on the photos). 

Looks like something you’ll have to buy bricey so we can all see some in the flesh photos. See it as taking one for the team ;)

• Haha 1

I think everyone might just be suffering from "diver" exhaustion. There are so many of them these days that it's hard to tell one from the other and the only defining properties have to be seen in either the specs or the makers name. 

Nice watches.. but hardly anything "special" anymore because everyone has one of the "run of only 500, designed on vintage style with a twist of modern to bring us into the new century". 

Yes, I'm being a little cruel, or am I? The design seems to be being used by people with £50,000 to invest in watch maker factories (who are so highly skilled they could produce hyper fakes such as rolex clones etc.) to build 500 watches of good quality to be sold at double or triple the investment cost. 

Are they good quality? Yes. They are.

Are the designs stolen? No. They are individual to the microbrand name.

I suspect quite a large % of this group could put their hand up and say "I've got one" (maybe even "got 10")

• Agree 1

On 06/07/2021 at 07:38, Duncan U. said:

I do quite like that apart from the scratched dial.

Alternatively, you could buy a non-date Amphibia, and an extra 2409.01 movement and slim caseback to make it hand wound. About $110 should do it and it's a fun project :thumbsup:

Could you not just buy an auto Amphibia & remove the rotor to make it manual wind? It would be less of a project but achieve the same results (a manual wind diver). Anyway I like the idea - time for a project perhaps - anyone got a cheap Amphibia for sale? :biggrin:

All Amphibias are cheap :thumbsup:

You can just remove the rotor, but the mainspring will slip to prevent over winding. I think it is worth the £20 extra to swap to a purpose made hand winding movement, that is just my opinion :)