• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

watches under $500

Hi I am looking for a classic style men's watch for under $500.  I would love to hear your suggestions.

I am looking for suggestions for a classic men's watch under $500.  I would love to hear suggestions.

I guess it would depend on what you mean when you say classic, because to me a diver can be classic, or even a digital, as could a dress watch, and the three are vastly different. Take for instance the Bambino recommended, pure dress up, but I would lean more toward sporty watches when I use the term classic, as I don't think it indicates or mandates the idea of classy within it. Also size matters a lot here too. The classic size would take you down to about 40mm as an average diameter, but do you mean classic in just design, or as in the entirety of the watch?

Large classic: Bulova Lunar Pilot

Small classic: check out pretty much anything from Dan Henry if you're good with quartz or mechaquartz.

Sorry if you don't like chronographs, they just happen to be my thing. If you're looking for mechanical and want Swiss then look no further than Tissot watches. Tons to choose from, all pretty classic looking there handers. I won't bother with pictures, too many to choose from.

bulova-moon-watch-2.jpg

Dan_Henry_1962_Racing_Chronograph_Evil_Panda_No_Date_1000x.png

Dan_Henry_1964_Gran_Turismo_White_Panda_Bicompax_No_Date_1000x.png

Dan_Henry_1972_Chrono_Alarm_Silver_1000x.png

Edited by JayDeep
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

On 08/07/2021 at 12:34, SolaVeritate said:

Thats a fair call.

£500 :hmmm9uh: I would probably go for 2. 

image.png.72f064fa84e208c5e3240a147f1eb982.png

image.png.514fff270b525a4a2b20040ea0245511.png

A more dress orientated number and a nice classic beater.

I saw the deep blue version of the presage in the flesh today, absolutely stunning in the sunlight. 

I love the Cocktail Presage range from Seiko. 

1 hour ago, Nick67+1 said:

I saw the deep blue version of the presage in the flesh today, absolutely stunning in the sunlight. 

I love the Cocktail Presage range from Seiko. 

Seiko Cocktail range is stunning in my opinion 

Seiko Cocktail Time

• Like 1
  • Agree 1