• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Diver shaped hole.....

I have a diver shaped hole in my watch box and am getting lost in the endless options........

The watch I get will probably be a daily on rotation with my Ball Fireman Racer, so the question is....

Do I look at an Oris Aquis or longines hydroconquest OR do I dig a little deeper and look towards a seamaster or even planet ocean?

Or look at something entirely different........this is where you guys get involved!!

What’s your price range? 

My top picks per price range

Oris Aquis, Oris Diver 65, Longines Hydroconquest, Longines Heritage Diver, Longines Skin Diver

Tudor BB58, Tudor Pelagos, Breitling Superocean 42, Breitling Superocean 57

Seamaster 300m, Seamaster 300, Planet Ocean 39.5mm

Oh also throw in the Bremont S301 if you can get a decent discount (not worth the RRP)

Edited by WickerBill
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, WickerBill said:

What’s your price range? 

My top picks per price range

Oris Aquis, Oris Diver 65, Longines Hydroconquest, Longines Heritage Diver, Longines Skin Diver

Tudor BB58, Tudor Pelagos, Breitling Superocean 42, Breitling Superocean 57

Seamaster 300m, Seamaster 300, Planet Ocean 39.5mm

Oh also throw in the Bremont S301 if you can get a decent discount (not worth the RRP)

Price range is difficult....I can go as high as 3k (happy with pre-owned) but as a daily I am thinking that perhaps 1-1.5k is a better range. 

On another note, my PO 43mm is one that I wish I had never got rid of!

I'd love to help, but I've never had a diver shaped hole in my collection :laughing2dw:

Joking aside, whilst well under your budget, CW do some divers that are (imho) perfect for everyday wear, the C65 is a lovely watch to wear (there is a Dartford available at a decent price in the classifieds, which has an Omega 300 vibe) and the newly released c63 Sealander, whilst classed as a sports watch by CW, is really a diver as far as I'm concerned.

Screenshot_20210709-163512_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9f02632c1ef63a7dbf7c6652faf6cf98.jpg

• Agree 1

Marinemaster as a daily wear. Should be plenty of SBDX001's for 1 1/2 large and the odd 017 too.

Mon

this is mine on a CrafterBlue.

this in your price range is as good as it gets imho - i think omega have lost the plot recently and just dont get what people see in the hydroconquest. 

• Agree 1

I'm pleased to say that I picked this up (used of course  --  with both bracelet and sailcloth) for well under £3k.

Different from the usual suspects  --  which makes it attractive to me.

They haven't been made since 2013, so some tracking down would be necessary  --  if you like the thrill of the hunt.

Sport Evolution Panoramadatum.

20210703e-1200.JPG

20210703c-1200.JPG

20210617d-1200.JPG

Edited by yokel
inclusion of bracelet

17 hours ago, bdalg1 said:

I have a diver shaped hole in my watch box and am getting lost in the endless options........

The watch I get will probably be a daily on rotation with my Ball Fireman Racer, so the question is....

Do I look at an Oris Aquis or longines hydroconquest OR do I dig a little deeper and look towards a seamaster or even planet ocean?

Or look at something entirely different........this is where you guys get involved!!

I just can't see myself doing anything other than microbrands any more. Better bang for buck and more exclusivity. Get yourself an Oris Aquis for a desk diver if that's what you're looking for. Otherwise I would have a look at Serica and some other modern micros. I like Longines and respect them, but they just look like every other watch out there. Boring! Honestly I think I'm getting tired of collecting watches again.

• Haha 1