• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Sunday new watches...after 1990.

Joining @rhaythorne with a bit of Briston this morning as I crack and creak about after far too much walking on yesterday's day out for my poor hip to cope with. Everything hurts.

2T2zlIH.jpg

l3qiqGa.jpg

Let Gareth know I'm not going to be fit for tonight.

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Graham60 said:

Trying to bring a bit of colour to a grey morning, Seiko 5 Sports “Sports Style” Sunburst Green SBSA011 (Cal: 4R36)

I like these. Very tempting. :yes:

Walkin' the dog!

Walkin' the dog!

51304854105_54a78f8cfd_b.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

After a bit of drama on Friday when my Eagle Ray stopped :( (Indian, not the arrow, as I failed to wind it enough before use :shothead:) - On my fav Para strap today :inlove:

phoibos eagle ray para

2 hours ago, Pete wilding said:

6DA6A1AC-451A-44E7-AE97-D316C687B035.jpeg

7762A5E1-161D-4CE7-93BA-BFAC76EBFEBE.jpeg

Very impressive

I could die a happy man if I owned one of these! :notworthy:

2 hours ago, scottswatches said:

New in

20210711_080753

Brown and bronze, cosc to boot

That's a beauty & will look even better as the bronze ages - Health to wear :thumbsup:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yokel said:

Brand new moon today.

And a story of pretty poor customer service IMHO. The strap broke (little drama  --  no impact was involved). Normally I like to keep my watches in original condition, so I enquired of the local Zenith AD. Eight weeks back order (and £270). The price didn't phase me too much, as I've bought other OEM straps  --  it was about ten per cent more expensive than a GO item, and six times the price of a Nomos strap, but really cheap by comparison with AP. The eight week wait impressed me not at all. What if this were my only watch? Against my principles I bought a Hirsch strap from my local jeweller (£34 fitted) to tide me over. Zenith  --  especially with the mark up the will make on straps at that price  --  get a "could do better" :(

Captain Moon Phase.

I've had a strap on order from Ebel for 12 weeks now.  It has a unique fitting, otherwise I would have fitted an OEM strap and made a considerable saving on the £225 Ebel demanded.

When the UK left the EU we also left the CITES agreement (as it was an EU agreement).  Since then getting any exotic skin strap from the EU/EEA is difficult,  and the Swiss haven't thought around the issue and just made straps in cow leather rather than aligator, ostrich or shark.  

I don't blame you at all for not waiting.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, yokel said:

Brand new moon today.

And a story of pretty poor customer service IMHO. The strap broke (little drama  --  no impact was involved). Normally I like to keep my watches in original condition, so I enquired of the local Zenith AD. Eight weeks back order (and £270). The price didn't phase me too much, as I've bought other OEM straps  --  it was about ten per cent more expensive than a GO item, and six times the price of a Nomos strap, but really cheap by comparison with AP. The eight week wait impressed me not at all. What if this were my only watch? Against my principles I bought a Hirsch strap from my local jeweller (£34 fitted) to tide me over. Zenith  --  especially with the mark up the will make on straps at that price  --  get a "could do better" :(

Captain Moon Phase.

You can buy a pair of handmade Barker Valiant brogues with 7mm Goodyear welted leather soles for that kind of money (at list) and if you have to order them they're 6-8 weeks made-to-order from scratch.  Even the most expensive Toshi straps are £120/£130.  I think you're being kind about the mark-up and the 'you can just wait until we feel like supplying you with the strap' attitude.

I'd wager that LVMH prioritises other markets ie China, the Emirates and the US.

Hope you get the strap sooner than 'promised'!

2 hours ago, Graham60 said:

Morning :)

Trying to bring a bit of colour to a grey morning, Seiko 5 Sports “Sports Style” Sunburst Green SBSA011 (Cal: 4R36)

Seiko 5 Sports “Sports Style” Sunburst Green SBSA011 (Cal 4R36)

That IS nice :thumbsup:

Is that a smartphone photo?  If it is, they're getting so good, hardly anyone is going to need a dedicated camera anymore!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3