• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Thursday 15th July WRUW

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, martinzx said:

My antique Omega Goliath 8 day pocket watch, circa 1905, is getting a wind today :thumbsup:
The deep sea diver is for scale :yes:

1.jpg

2-1.jpg

That is fabulous. Pleased to see I’m not alone. Perhaps we should have one day where we devote it to Pocket Watch day?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaulBoy said:

Ounces! - Who are you, Delia Smith? - What's the weight in grams please :tongue:

I'm old school and don't do metric for weight...:taunt: it's around 255g.

If you asked anyone what they weighed, I can almost guarantee they'd give it in stones and pounds and not kilos. Same with height...people will say 6ft 2" and not 1.8m...

:hmmm9uh:....just me, then...:laughing2dw:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Arrived back with the postie today with a new movement fitted under warranty so it'd be rude not to:

large.20210715_162708.jpg.1bfef36b93e73161fbe629a504632146.jpg

5 hours ago, Davey P said:

Not sure that would do much good mate, the watch is light as a feather thanks to it's carbon fibre composite case, so wouldn't be very effective as a weapon... might be able to use it as a shield and hide behind it though :laughing2dw:  

Deflecting bullets Wonder Woman style?

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

Part two...

OMEGA Speedmaster PROFESSIONAL 3570.50.00, cal.1861 18 Jewels & BULOVA 96B Special Edition Lunar Pilot Chronograph 

447633839_Moon-Watches1OMEGASpeedmasterPROFESSIONAL3570_50.00cal.186118JewelsBULOVA96B258SpecialEdit-ilotChronograph1.gif.e2668bcbb960f1c99fb08cd5e45ad26f.thumb.gif.7b8be15347743df324115cb2a89a684a.gif

992963873_(26).gif.f3008cec2d9816ed372a31d78743c0a9.gif

I do wish you’d stop putting up two everyday. It makes me feel inferior. Only joking I’m totally envious.wish my wife was more understanding of my hobby. I think it’s great to see fellow collectors enjoying themselves.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Bricey said:

I always swear under my breath (in a good and appreciative manner) when you post that.

The Hodinkee Special Edition is available on eBay now too which has given me a few moments of pause this week. 

If I wasn't on the waitlist for the Tudor BB Chrono Reverse, I'd be up that like a rat up a drainpipe.... 

1 hour ago, antjrice said:

The Hodinkee Special Edition is available on eBay now too which has given me a few moments of pause this week. 

If I wasn't on the waitlist for the Tudor BB Chrono Reverse, I'd be up that like a rat up a drainpipe.... 

If I didn't think I was pushing my luck telling my wide each of the last dozen watches that have arrived cost "only about thirty quid that one....might have been some postage on top." I'd be rather #2 up that very drainpipe.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1