• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Baldwin jeweler & Company San Francisco pocket watch

I have a Baldwin jeweler& co San Francisco pocket watch I do not know how to open it the crystal does wind off. I have no info regarding this pocket watch. Thank you kindly. Also, I cannot figure out how to insert a photo

9 minutes ago, MissyMJ said:

Also, I cannot figure out how to insert a photo

Try "copy and paste" into your post, or if that doesn't work, try posting a link and someone else can help.

2 hours ago, MissyMJ said:

I have a Baldwin jeweler& co San Francisco pocket watch I do not know how to open it the crystal does wind off. I have no info regarding this pocket watch. Thank you kindly. Also, I cannot figure out how to insert a photo

4 hours ago, MissyMJ said:

You may find it easier to use the gallery free trial, which has no charge for two weeks. Then you can definitely use copy and paste.

https://thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?/subscriptions/

On 15/07/2021 at 08:23, MissyMJ said:

Many many thanks for your help. Hoping your experts can give me some info on this watch I do appreciate you taking the time to re-post my messages and picture thank you so very much waiting for a reply thanks again very kind of you

On 15/07/2021 at 12:40, spinynorman said:

You may find it easier to use the gallery free trial, which has no charge for two weeks. Then you can definitely use copy and paste.

I have posted the picture of the watch any info you can give me as much appreciate itI have posted the picture of the watch any info you can give me as much appreciate it

20 hours ago, spinynorman said:

I didn't know whether to use the "thanks" emoji or "haha". :)

Thank you so much do you know anything about this watchThank you so much do you know anything about this watch

On 15/07/2021 at 12:40, spinynorman said:

I have posted a picture of the watch on this thread. Do you have any information regarding it thank you I do not know how to open it I don’t know if it’s brass or gold. Thank youI have posted a picture of the watch on this thread. Do you have any information regarding it thank you I do not know how to open it I don’t know if it’s brass or gold.

On 19/07/2021 at 16:54, spinynorman said:

On 19/07/2021 at 16:54, spinynorman said:

Can anyone help me with identifying this Baldwin vintage pocket watch. Pictures are in this forum/discussion link

Can anyone help me with any information on this pocket

3 hours ago, MissyMJ said:

Can anyone help me with identifying this Baldwin vintage pocket watch. Pictures are in this forum/discussion link

Can anyone help me with any information on this pocket

From the very small picture you sent I appears to be by the Baldwin company you already know about. If you can unscrew the bezel and crystal at the front, then I'm guessing the back will unscrew too, but I really think you should take it to a watchmaker, or failing that a good jeweller, and ask them to open it for you.

• Agree 1

The Baldwin Jewellery Company was in San Francisco in 1909 during the earthquake, your watch looks like a private label made by one of the major watch Company’s for Baldwin. Illinois Watch Co. Elgin and Waltham made a lot of private labels for jewellers. 
If your watch has a screw on bezel it’s more likely it has a screwed back, they can be difficult to loosen sometimes. Take it to a jeweller or watchmaker and photograph the movement.

• Like 1