UK Watch Forum banner

Do you sleep with your wristwatch?

4K views 101 replies 54 participants last post by  johnny Cool 
#1 ·
This is something that has always intrigued me and I have trawled the internet for answers previously none of which have persuaded me one way or another.As I am now a member of a watch lovers forum I thought I would ask the question of those who live for their watches 24/7.

Many medical opinions suggest that it is unhealthy to sleep with your watch on? Yet over the years I imagine many people have found it a neccessity to wear a watch in bed. People such as Service men/women, scientists, Business travellers. I don't have the answers.

Personally, I can't imagine wearing my "better" watches to bed, and certainly NOT my pocket watches, but I have been known to "crash out" after a few bevies and wake up in the early hours wearing, amongst other things my watch, which has probably caused me to wake by scratching my face!!

It's a very personal, but philosophical debate and I hope to get some interesting respones to this topic, least of all for a bit of fun

Sky Font Darkness Logo Brand

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Many medical opinions suggest that it is unhealthy to sleep with your watch on?
I would be interested to see this `evidence' as I have always worn my watch in bed and no health problems so far at 74.

Yet over the years I imagine many people have found it a neccessity to wear a watch in bed
It is not necessary to wear my watch in bed but just something that I do. For many years I just had a Seiko kinetic diver and wore it in the shower, sauna. poo; etc without any issues.

#9 ·
I would be interested to see this `evidence' as I have always worn my watch in bed and no health problems so far at 74.

It is not necessary to wear my watch in bed but just something that I do. For many years I just had a Seiko kinetic diver and wore it in the shower, sauna. poo; etc without any issues.
I take it there was a bit of predictive text in there? I presume you meant you wore it " in the shower, sauna, pool". If I'm wrong forgive me Yellow Building Font Symmetry Event

Attachments

#27 · (Edited by Moderator)
No!...unless I forget that I'm wearing one.

Can't imagine that this is a 'bedtime' watch.

Musk-MR2129.jpg
Looking at the symbols above the name "MUSK"suggests some sort of sexual connotation? Maybe it is supposed to be worn in bed? I can't even imagine Eye Fruit Happy Emoticon Smile

Attachments

#18 ·
I am in the "wear it to bed" camp - I like to know what time it is when I wake up for the inevitable trip to the loo in the wee small hours (see what I did there?) - Although I do have watches with 200m + WR I always take them off in the bath or shower as I can't imagine steam etc would be good for them ...

#19 ·
I wear my Ball chronometer in bed just about every night, I do have a bedside alarm clock, it's quite dim ( I can't even read it in daylight) but I turn it to face away from the bed because I like it very dark. The ball is perfect, stays on the winder most days, but most nights, on the wrist.

#24 ·
I notice that if I wake up in the early hours still wearing my watch or shoes I have a headache. I must have a leather allergy.

(Bracelets are not my thing).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.