• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Help identifying a (1990's?) Sekonda

I bought a job lot of watches and this little Sekonda was in the pile, I've thrown a battery in it, stuck it on a dark blue NATO strap and given it a little clean and I'm strangely impressed by it's looks.

I'm trying to find out a little more about it, there's no codes on the back, however the case back has K811 and 98236...that's all there is. I've Googled those numbers and got nowhere,the bezel looks black, but is dark blue, and it has a Miyota T200 movement.

Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_20210716_191831 (2).jpg

Edited by tick-tock-tittle-tattle
typo
  • Like 1

Thanks for trying, I've Googled the Miyota T200, I've Googled the K811 and the 98236 numbers that are inside the case back and I found nothing.

I don't buy Sekonda's or analogue-digital watches, this one came in a job lot it just worked, I quite like the bezel, but it's not my normal kind of watch.

I think I'm just tickled that a silly little watch that cost me next to nothing is up and running with little to no effort.

Thanks for trying to find out about this watch, I really appreciate it. :thumbsup:

47 minutes ago, Always"watching" said:

I have had a good look for any info on that watch, dear @tick-tock-tittle-tattle, but like your good self, I have come up with nothing. In terms of date, I would place your watch post-1990s and would have expected it to have some identifying marks/numbers on the caseback, even if just an indication of the brand. :)

See above, sorry I forgot to quote. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know what you mean about the simple pleasure of getting a watch up and running by merely inserting a battery - a bit of magic. I do rather like your Sekonda, @tick-tock-tittle-tattle and the blue bezel gives it an extra "lift" aesthetically. As you may know from my posts generally, I am partial to the odd Sekonda here and there and have quite a few in my collection.:)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Always"watching" said:

I know what you mean about the simple pleasure of getting a watch up and running by merely inserting a battery - a bit of magic. I do rather like your Sekonda, @tick-tock-tittle-tattle and the blue bezel gives it an extra "lift" aesthetically. As you may know from my posts generally, I am partial to the odd Sekonda here and there and have quite a few in my collection.:)

I was after a Lorus watch as I needed a donor movement, there were four watches in the job lot. Two of the four are utter garbage and will be cleaned/ new battery and put into the local charity shop , but the Sekonda just gave me a 'wink' when it came out of the bubble wrap.

The bezel rotates smoothly, and the digital display was so easy to set, I wouldn't normally get all soft, and mushy over a Sekonda, and I'm not a fan of Analogue-digital watches, but it has something about it.

My plan is to put a new crystal in it, get it on a dark blue leather strap, and put it in the classified section for what it has cost plus delivery.

I know that might seem odd that I plan to sell it, but I had a bit of an epiphany with my collection and have decided to have a cull so that I can get to a manageable level. 

If you are interested I can send you a message prior to putting it in the classified section for around £10 - £12. Running Miyota T200 modules sell for £25 so it could be that the movement may be of interest also...not that I am suggesting you do a Doctor Frankenstein with it.

It is odd how some watches get under your skin.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Always"watching" said:

my dear @tick-tock-tittle-tattle, I am sure I can find a home in my collection for the Sekonda, and would therefore be pleased to accept your offer of advanced notice prior to the watch going on general sale. 

I look forward to hearing from you via a PM in due course.:thumbsup:

I'm always glad when a watch goes to a good home.

I will be placing an order this week for crystals, movements, etc so I will probably have it turned around by the end of the week...or early next week.

Stay safe, and I'll be in touch as soon as the crystal is replaced.

All the best.

Paul

• Thanks 1

Many thanks Paul, @tick-tock-tittle-tattle.

I will certainly give the watch a wearing and a good home; I can't readily wear a watch at the moment as I had a nasty fall on Friday and broke my watch-wearing left wrist in two places. Perhaps I'll resort to a pocket watch for the duration.:biggrin:

With regards, Honour:)

• Sad 1