• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Saturday's Watch Parade

56 minutes ago, greasemonk said:

seamaster from 1959,18ct gold denison case on Omega BOR bracelet  JcPeSi7.jpg?1

Everything done right!

I am going for a stroll, and on the basis that it won't rain, and that, typically, this watch runs for at least six hours, I have changed into quite a rarity, a Russian 'Chaika' designed for a man.  The Chaika factory made very small movements and ladies watches, Chaika being the call sign for the first female cosmonaut, Tereshkova.

IMG_20210717_074830016(1).thumb.jpg.253dd371c9d37008cc93ecb1ad548462.jpg

It's still working!

As you know I frequently double wrist while out on the hill, but usually keep one tucked under a cuff so folk don't think I'm weird, but with shirtsleeves rolled up, I may keep this in my pocket ...

IMG_20210717_080128895(1).thumb.jpg.4d00793de824c0411d32d7ad8e8b5850.jpg

Apart from needing to set the date, I have not had to interfere with this since the back end of March, and though just a humble Miyota auto, Cal  8215 IIRC, it is eminently suitable for daily wear.

It would be great if the hands were lumed - pale green I think would suit.

J

• Like 14

27 minutes ago, nursegladys said:

TYS2Yaq.jpg

I41PgXw.jpg

9rXc2hM.jpg

Definitely one of my favourites.  I like a no-fuss 100m watch, and have a Sekonda quartz en-route from e-bay.  Which I don't need, obviously, because of my mini- collection of Pulsar watches, that I conveniently forgot about.

Doh!

Yay!

Morning,

For today, it’s another of these West German-made Timex back-set examples, this one from 1964 and driven by an 11j Durowe (Laco) 861 which Timex designated as their M67. The movement image has been “borrowed” from the electric-watches.co.uk website (thanks Paul).

The remains of the seller’s anti-tamper security sticker can still be seen on the case back.

Regards.

Timex elec backset 2018 v.3.jpg

Timex elec backset case back 2018 v.3.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Bonjour.. bank one with the armida a1 :clap: have a safe warm one :)

Qgfh1aw.jpg

23 minutes ago, Balaton1109 said:

Morning,

For today, it’s another of these West German-made Timex back-set examples, this one from 1964 and driven by an 11j Durowe (Laco) 861 which Timex designated as their M67. The movement image has been “borrowed” from the electric-watches.co.uk website (thanks Paul).

The remains of the seller’s anti-tamper security sticker can still be seen on the case back.

Regards.

Timex elec backset 2018 v.3.jpg

Timex elec backset case back 2018 v.3.jpg

Thank you for this watch sight .. never seen so many electrical watches .. omg

going to get the wallet out again :whistle: 

JRJARjn.png

• Like 11

Another beautiful sunny day...Only trouble is! 3 Rugby games on now! Watching Aus.  V France, then its Wales V Argentina at 3.00 then the Lions at 5!

Anyway, back to watches, this is perfect for a summers day I reckon!?

IMG-3734.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, marley said:

Another beautiful sunny day...Only trouble is! 3 Rugby games on now! Watching Aus.  V France, then its Wales V Argentina at 3.00 then the Lions at 5!

Anyway, back to watches, this is perfect for a summers day I reckon!?

IMG-3734.jpg

Absolutely perfect for a sunny day :thumbsup:

• Like 1