• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Marloe Morar watches

Although not engaged in any diving or snorkelling activities I do believe that a good watch collection should have at least one Diver watch. I don’t want to spend hundreds of pounds on a diving watch but would like to own a reasonably priced diver watch. I was trawling the web yesterday and came across the Marloe Watch Company which is based in Scotland. They have some nice collections and in particular a diver watch collection called Morar which appear to be very reasonably priced. Does any member own one of these watches or can anyone provide any further information about  the quality of these watches?

I purchased a Morar recently and for the price paid it is a very nice watch. Fit and finish well above it's price point, lume very bright and long lasting (not timed but still legible in the early hours of the morning).

Both straps it came with of a decent quality. I find the silicon strap more comfortable than the leather. I do have quite "twiggy" wrists.

Good time keeping, mine gained less than 30 seconds in its first week of nearly constant wearing.

Although all the measurements stated are correct it does wear a bit "small" possibly due to the width of the bezel.

• Thanks 1

I think Marloe are doing it right with their designs and it's a matter of time before I own one. Steinhart offer excellent technical bang for buck at that price point. They are homage watches but at least they are putting the money they save on designs back under the bonnet of the watch. 

• Thanks 1

I have had mine for a few weeks now and I would say go for it….at £299 it is a fine watch and one that I will enjoy for a long time. Agree about the straps…:the silicone is much more comfortable. 

It is quite tall but for me not a problem as I never wear shirt sleeves!! A full on polo guy at work! 

51341532424_ffab94059f_b.jpgMarloe….

Edited by bdalg1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bdalg1 said:

I have had mine for a few weeks now and I would say go for it….at £299 it is a fine watch and one that I will enjoy for a long time. Agree about the straps…:the silicone is much more comfortable. 

It is quite tall but for me not a problem as I never wear shirt sleeves!! A full on polo guy at work! 

51341532424_ffab94059f_b.jpgMarloe….

I went for one and boy was I impressed. It sits comfortably on my wrist and as you say although a bit tall I too have no problem as I’m a t-shirt short sleeve guy. The strap is a bit of a predicament. It came with the leather strap attached, which is very comfortable, but I will try the Silicone one just to see which suits best.

Thanks for your input.