• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Is it Thursday already? That came round too quickly. WRUW? Wristwise

Jet Jetski

22 minutes ago, Bricey said:

For the remainder of today I'll be sporting this fine addition from the classifieds (thanks Taz)

nPBxBEt.jpg

Ia2pHRW.jpg

So you are the person that bought this literally as I writing a message to @Tazmo61 saying 'yes I'd like that please.'

Missed by less than a minute! :taz:

Nice looking watch...enjoy!

• Haha 2

Just picked up this petrol blue column wheel beauty, not normally my sort of thing but when I saw it in the flesh and on my wrist it looks even better than the press photos. Longines are really smashing it with the heritage lines IMHO.

51328758975_350f71720d_h.jpg

51327765181_69382260d0_h.jpg

51327967113_ffd741c11e_h.jpg

Edited by dougal74
Correct the photo links
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 6

28 minutes ago, dougal74 said:

Just picked up this petrol blue column wheel beauty, not normally my sort of thing but when I saw it in the flesh and on my wrist it looks even better than the press photos. Longines are really smashing it with the heritage lines IMHO.

51328758975_350f71720d_h.jpg

51327765181_69382260d0_h.jpg

51327967113_ffd741c11e_h.jpg

Love the dial colour .. the rest of it is pretty special.. I’d love to own a vintage one .. they are soooooo elegant imho 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sulie said:

Love the dial colour .. the rest of it is pretty special.. I’d love to own a vintage one .. they are soooooo elegant imho 

I always love the vintage size, in this case I think we'd be flat out of luck as I believe there in only one Avigation Bigeye in circulation that Longines weren't even aware of until someone contacted their museum.

1971_51118808_332_BigEye-fromLonginges.j

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Bricey said:

Soz!

How are you two getting along?

The dial and bezel colours were what hooked me, I didn't know anything about the brand which is why I delayed buying while doing research.

Tazmo61 is great to buy from, a real gent... I guess I can't buy everything he sells. :biggrin:  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

How are you two getting along?

The dial and bezel colours were what hooked me, I didn't know anything about the brand which is why I delayed buying while doing research.

Tazmo61 is great to buy from, a real gent... I guess I can't buy everything he sells. :biggrin:  

I'm enjoying it a lot, it is significantly more chunky than my usual choice of diver, a little thicker on the wrist (without being excessive), the bracelet could probably be used to tow a Nissan Navara, its thick, solid and every link has a screw pin that is something similar to a standard #8 screw.

The clasp is really secure and finished well and signed and comes with 6 micro adjustments, so getting a nice fit is easy.

My only slight negative, and it might be fine for some but it detracts a bit for me, is the lugs and solid end links and how they interact which makes the bracelet sit at the bottom of the watch case, I'll try and illustrate....

16269693236411192392203851066238.thumb.jpg.719b57d0b6afae6800a40bb2e8cdcc0f.jpg

16269693580907688193946523225467.thumb.jpg.9630f127cfa64c8913b9fe029042c876.jpg

Its not bad, but I do find it a little distracting, if they avoided the little chamfer on the inside of the lugs and had the end links follow the lugs to the top of the case, nestling just under the bezel, I think it looks neater and probably wears a little flatter (at least to the eye) on the wrist.

• Like 2

There’s a story behind this and no laughing at the back of mocking the rookie!! :biggrin:

51327663962_72ff0bae3f_b.jpg

I originally bought this Scuba Dude off eBay and was never really happy with the original look.  

I finally decided to mod it a couple of weeks ago. I had a look at a couple of YouTube videos….. piece of cake! :whistle:

Got a new strap, quick release fitted not a problem.

Now the bezel……. I ordered a bezel and spring. I thought I was ordering a bezel and insert, apparently I was ordering the bezel. It turned up no insert or any sign of the spring. :(

Anyway I ordered an insert, arrives fits the bezel perfectly. I pop off the old bezel all going well. I use the old spring tweak it and tweak it again and again it will not fit and just snap back on hmmmmmm…..it must be the spring……. I’ll order a new spring…off to eBay we go. 

New spring arrives…..here we go…..15 minutes of more tweaking and adjustment of the brass spring and suddenly this steel spring pops out from the bezel :sign_wtf:

They had fitted a steel spring so perfectly into the new bezel I didn’t even realise it was in there I thought it was a fine ridge on the bottom inside edge. Put it back in and it pops on straight away. Grrrrr!! :ooops:

After all of that I’ve ordered a grey strap as I’m not sure the red one works! :biggrin:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

Time for one of my changes....

Pure Mecanique  MARINE (Roman),Seagull Cal. 3600 17 Jewels

1907951393_PUE-MECANIQUE-BW-DSC_0012.gif.f3143d029687fa3a95991781c6a9d6ef.gif

:biggrin:

These are cool, I follow the seller and have been tempted 3 times but something always gets in the way (doubts) 

I often wonder if I get one, how good the QC would be and if they have a bit of class in their.. :hmmm9uh:.. 'construction' (as the seller also sells 'parts').

They do look good though and the seller bubbles under the whole 'chinese built microbranded design wonderlust'. He just builds watches out of parts. That appeals to me.

• Like 1