• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Calling all Motorhomers and Caravanners

How are you finding life in 2021. I used to enjoy the getaways but this year I think I might be better staying home. You have  got idiots being allowed to drive Motorhomes or tow caravans without a clue as to road or campsite etiquette . What is interesting is that many youngsters are buying caravans and towing them blissfully unaware that, in many cases, they need to take a further driving test to allow them to tow vehicles otherwise they are breaking the law and as such their Insurance will become void. Pity the profiting Caravan dealers don’t make them aware of this when they buy the caravans. 
Hopefully  next year will revert to some sort of normality .

Years ago I almost bought an American 5th wheel trailer with the intention of sighting it permanently somewhere on the Costas. I bought the truck but when I looked into it properly with a cool head it was expensive compared to how many holidays we've had since then. Not to mention all the hassle of moving around with them. 

243904b705218ecb79cac05dda1f39ab.gif

They have Hotels for a reason 

IMG-20210720-095122.jpg

Very comfortable it was too 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have a campervan that I am away in most weekends when work allows. The thing I have noticed this year is that places are just a lot busier than usual with everyone holidaying domestically. A bit annoying really but not too much of a problem. Its the people who are going out into the national parks and countryside without a clue of the etiquette and just trash the place, leaving litter and just generally ruining the place for everyone else. These people are probably not well versed in the countryside code as its not there usual getaway.

Not really noticed any issues with people towing though, I often see the odd car towing a caravan going far too fast with the trailer snaking all over the place behind. Not a great look and very dangerous. But there has always been idiots on the roads and there always will be. I just try my best to avoid them. Regarding things getting back to normality, slowly it will I think. People will get bored of holidaying in Britain and they will return to overseas holidays in time when things get back to a bit of normality.

• Agree 1