• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Thanks....I hate it!

11 minutes ago, alxbly said:

I like the bezel. The dial is a shocker. I wonder what it looked like originally before someone let loose with the permanent marker pen and the brown "Hawker Hurricane" Airfix paint....

:laugh:

Something like this probably. I doubt if there's much of the original watch left - the movement, maybe.

7C93AC09-5DC3-4BF8-BE96-D4E81693DB24_900

This is similar to the chocolate one, though nicer in black - but the seller admits the case was replaced.

New rebuilt Gentleman's Watch - Vintage Henri Sandoz Movement Hand Winding

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spinynorman said:

This is similar to the chocolate one, though nicer in black - but the seller admits the case was replaced.

New rebuilt Gentleman's Watch - Vintage Henri Sandoz Movement Hand Winding

Seen these guys before - seem to play the Mumbai watch lottery and then sell on the better ones that work at a moderate markup. Slightly interesting proposition.

• Like 1

But that's the genius, the little dial on the left is the energy meter for the quantum entropy drive that makes the 'turrets' visible in this timeline, even though they exist only in a parallel universe, so you can't actually break them.  And as long as you keep moving the watch to regenerate the energy, the plasma entanglement within the 'turrets' will give you a second timezone anywhere in the unknown fabric of spacetime, a bit like an automatic.

12 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

quantum entropy drive 

In mechanical engineering, principle of entropy is useful for calculations in that everything goes to a state of greater disorder.

The watch certainly seems to be following that principle.

Very interesting watch all the same.

1 hour ago, chas g said:

In mechanical engineering, principle of entropy is useful for calculations in that everything goes to a state of greater disorder.

The watch certainly seems to be following that principle.

Very interesting watch all the same.

Well yeah, I'm guessing it's a Steampunk costume piece.

On 23/07/2021 at 09:28, Eaglegale said:

Perhaps I have no taste, but I quite like it!

To clarify -sorry-When I said that I agreed, I wasn't intimating that you had no taste, I was suggesting that some people might like it

I'm kinda with @Eaglegale it is interesting and different. I'd like one maybe long-nose-smiley.gif.5dcd5127ae65a78292989d4f9eff5b07.gif

I'll be looking at the giveaway section later today emoticon-0136-giggle.gif.add0797463fabe12b5f9006e3999401d.gif

• Like 1

Just for completeness, there we go:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Perlative Cernometer said:

Postie's been:biggrin:

large.20210726_102943.jpg.2638adc68ad0c4189a815f4d071b1f63.jpg

Thanks @Bricey. Surprisingly nice looking, face and bezel look pretty decent, just the hands that look a bit "Humbrol". How long it might work for is another question given that buttery* smooth winding action. Does not feel healthy at all:(

*(peanut butter maybe?)

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bricey said:

13 minutes in 2 hours? I should change the title to "thanks......WE hate it!"

What's with that strange backwards spin when winding? Any ideas?

I don't hate it, I still quite like it. seems to have kept time fine since then sitting on my desk so don't know if there's maybe a bad angle for it when it's on wrist or something. The springback is just the way the ratchet mechanism is set up inside, you can actually see a piece popping out from behind the large ratchet wheel when you've got the back off (decided to have a peek since the back is a sufficiently naff fit you can just pop it off with a fingernail). I'm more worried about the rough sort of grinding feeling every couple of turns when you are winding it. Looks very Indian with the ill fitting caseback and the movement looks a bit "tropicalised" inside too.

• Haha 1