UK Watch Forum banner

Time factors?

7K views 55 replies 24 participants last post by  JonnyOldBoy 
#1 ·
I want to buy an Everest watch from time factors , has anyone got experience of how it works? I've apparently just missed a batch that was released a couple of weeks ago but another batch is imminent I believe , it would seem people buy them to flip as there are a few on Ebay in brand new condition for more than RRP !

#2 ·
I want to buy an Everest watch from time factors , has anyone got experience of how it works? I've apparently just missed a batch that was released a couple of weeks ago but another batch is imminent I believe , it would seem people buy them to flip as there are a few on Ebay in brand new condition for more than RRP !
If you sign up for newsletters you get notification of when the store is open (about 2 hours on a Sunday afternoon every 3 weeks or so) and an idea of what is available.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
yeah i'm a bit perplexed by it but i guess i just have to persevere if i really want one

there seem to be plenty of similar stuff about at very reasonable prices but i'm a sucker for the name Smith's and that made in England "thing" so i guess i'll have to pay a premium and jump through some hoops (i know it's a reimagining of an old watch but i'm in)

#7 ·
I was actually lining one of those Everest's up but couldn't seem to follow through with the order at the time of opening. Was a little frustrating. But since I have moved on. It's a strange operation but I have heard nothing but praise for their watches if you manage to snag one.

#14 ·
flipped mine but that is just personal taste, should never have flipped either of the speedbirds :laughing2dw:

the hours are weird but its Eddies site so his rules.

he makes bloody good watches at pretty fair prices - ebay is a lottery.

been a member on the darkside for as long as have been here , but more a lurker than a poster over there - its a good site if you can get past all the boring rolex fanboys :baby:

the zenos are better but hard to come by in decent condition and not needing service ...

#15 ·
#18 ·
The auctioneer said, I'm not through yet
Here's a horse the likes of which you've never seen
And the straw hats in the sun, with a face beneath each one
Shown doubtful and the auctioneer got mean

Do you think that you can find a horse like this every day?
I don't think there's any better on this earth
And the more you pay, the more it's worth
Don McLean

#23 ·
Eddies hours are weird for a reason. He's an older gentleman running the business on his own from design to customer service to Q.A. and order fulfillment.

He'll open the shop long enough to take as many orders as he can fulfill within a few weeks, send them off and then open the store again. I believe he once kept the store open longer but ran into issues fulfilling the orders in what some thought was a timely manner and got a load of abuse... 'you took my money and it's been 6 weeks, where's my watch, blah, blah, blah'. Being the epitome of the brash northern, ex-army type he therefore operates the current business model.

It is definitely worth the wait though - I have a 40mm Everest and it'll never leave my collection, I'm just sad that the current crop of watches are too small for my wrist at 36mm.

The watches themselves are decent quality, robust and are very appealing but that appeal has eroded a bit recently with similar offerings from Steeldive, San Martin, et al. I have a couple of steeldives and like them too.

#24 ·
"The website will be open for ordering on Sunday 1st August from 1400hrs [UK]"

So, fingers poised over the login and buy-it-now buttons (or whatever they have) for those inclined!

#30 ·
Am a bit concerned, my new watch from Time factors is not paid for as yet but it has been dispatched and is currently sat in a shop up the road waiting for collection , wife didn't hear the door when the courier(UPS) knocked , checked all the cards/accounts i would have used , no sign and nothing pending! is there some odd billing system to go with the unusual shopping method?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.