• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Problem with case or crown on divers watch.

Sticky Mick

Question

Hi all. :biggrin:

Not sure if anyone can help, but I have a Barbos Black Diver that I've owned for a few years. It's served me well, but it's developed a problem with either the crown or the case.

I'm hoping it's just the crown. The problem is the screw locking crown won't screw in any more. Over the last year it had become a bit difficult to tighten and undo, until one day it just wouldn't screw in at all, so I'm guessing a stripped thread on either the crown itself or a worse scenario of a stripped thread on the sleeve.

I have taken the watch to various jewellers/watchmakers but they've all said I'll have my work cut out getting it repaired. I can't find a lot of references to Barbos on the web anymore.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

51-LEF44j-D9-L-AC.jpg

1 answer to this question

Sounds like the threads might be damaged as you suggest, it probably needs a new crown and new threaded tube (the tube fits into the case). I think Barbos watches are no more or at least not being sold in Europe and it is unlikely you will find a matching crown. Given the low value of the watch you are probably better off putting the repair money towards something new,