• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Sunday Modern 01.08.21

19 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

A work of art on your wrist

I think I'm beginning to understand why, when a few years ago Glashütte Original decided to establish an in-house dial manufacturing facility, they put it not in Glashütte (the "watch capital" of Germany) but over 500 km away in Pforzheim (the "jewellery capital")  :yes:

Blogtowatch

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yokel said:

I think I'm beginning to understand why, when a few years ago Glashütte Original decided to establish an in-house dial manufacturing facility, they put it not in Glashütte (the "watch capital" of Germany) but over 500 km away in Pforzheim (the "jewellery capital")  :yes:

Blogtowatch

The dial is amazing, the green they have used is beautiful. I'm not really a green watch fan, however it is a colour that has started to pull me in.

The movement is a work of art, just stunning.

The prettiest watch I seen lately, thanks again for sharing.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ullevi said:

Alpina Startimer today:

large.DSC_0384.JPG.f835090f6c1ec88e8ebc5b12ef319819.JPGlarge.IMG_9902.JPG.23a5b624f7f6250ccb7b354e231640c8.JPG

Inevitably, the design of this watch is a little constrained by the use of the Sellita SW200.

However, Alpina has worked around that constraint well to produce, to my eye, a seriously good looking piece. I like it a lot.

Congratulations, Sir.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Afternoon :)

A bit later today, start of the new league season today, although had a couple of European game and through to the next round, so joining me watching the game will be

Seiko SKX009 (Mod - Sapphire crystal + NH36A).

Seiko SKX009 (Mod - Sapphire crystal + NH36A)

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Tazmo61 said:

Been wearing my Mido GMT since mid morning :thumbs_up:

fnGMTbBh.jpg

Lovely watch but confused by the red T2 indicator which I assume is the second time zone but can't work out how you coordinate the dial with the bezel 

54 minutes ago, bdalg1 said:

Still loving the Alpina….pre-owned and unworn at 60% of retail - it is becoming a great holiday watch!! 

51350389998_0c1835f194_b.jpg

Not a bad drop of beer either , at 7.2 % your be seeing double very soon