• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Wednesday 11th August WRUW

Sulie

1 hour ago, chas g said:

I loved my Caterham 1600 vx engine modified by Bill Blydenstein lots of fun at little cost :thumbsup: 

Also a (full SBD  --  210ps) 1600 vx. Enormous fun, but "cheap" would not be the first word to spring to mind :rolleyes:

PyYzRZo.jpg

Thinking about it though  --  I collect watches :ooops:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, yokel said:

Also a (full SBD  --  210ps) 1600 vx. Enormous fun, but "cheap" would not be the first word to spring to mind :rolleyes:

PyYzRZo.jpg

Thinking about it though  --  I collect watches :ooops:

That looks like a Striker? 210hp from a 1.6VX. Bet there was no power below 5k but probably revved close to 10k! 

Just now, Ugg10 said:

That looks like a Striker? 210hp from a 1.6VX. Bet there was no power below 5k but probably revved close to 10k! 

Got it in one  --  a Striker.

Soft cut is at 9300 rpm, but, surprisingly, it pulls quite well from 3500 (though max fun starts at 6000).

This is great.

IMG_20210811_200540955_HDR(1).thumb.jpg.15a48aa1cb53a70c8b33bd9effcd7db4.jpg

New strap arrived.

IMG_20210811_201100768_HDR(1).thumb.jpg.eaa499fe6542c0ea9fac161e44496cd3.jpg

Ready to go rallying to Dakar in my Bugatti.

IMG_20210811_201050216_HDR(1).thumb.jpg.178c965f526909d5ed424f3bc157081e.jpg

Organa was a brand owned by Victor Gisiger, who I have read tried to sell Harwood's invention to Willy Brandt at Omega, on the inventor's behalf, to be rebuffed with the reply that the day people could no longer be bothered to wind their watch, was the day to quit the business.  Fortis eventually bought rights to the technology, and successfully sued Harwatch, the licensor of the Harwood watch manufacturing operation, to claim exclusive rights, at least in Switzerland.

Organa is a brand not yet traced back to the 30s, but Selza SA (Gisiger's company) are reported to have been involved in making or selling these watches in both early and latter phases of its existence, and another of their brands, Luxor, is mentioned and advertised in the The Horological Journal as being the manufacturer of the first (Harwood's invention) Automatic wristwatch.  I believe they were probably the first to use the word 'Automatic' on the dial.

The next thrilling instalment of 

is coming soon!

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, yokel said:

Got it in one  --  a Striker.

Soft cut is at 9300 rpm, but, surprisingly, it pulls quite well from 3500 (though max fun starts at 6000).

I built a Fisher Fury which has a very similar chassis to the striker, both being a Jeremy Philips creations. Mine had a lowly 2.0L Silvertop Zetec running mega jolt jnr and bike carbs, still pushed out 160hp with decent amount of torque, plenty to have fun on the public highway. 

8956668251_57c41cb6f5.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ugg10 said:

I built a Fisher Fury which has a very similar chassis to the striker, both being a Jeremy Philips creations. Mine had a lowly 2.0L Silvertop Zetec running mega jolt jnr and bike carbs, still pushed out 160hp with decent amount of torque, plenty to have fun on the public highway. 

8956668251_57c41cb6f5.jpg

With a 9 litre fuel tank and only enough compressed air in the tank for about seventy gear changes, the Striker is of rather limited use on the public road :swoon:

18 hours ago, coffeekid said:

Didn’t expect to see sevens on a watch forum. Obviously Sevens and watches are a good match. Here’s mine….

VwFSWGP.jpg

Very nice. I have met loads of caterham owners who also liked their watches too. I had mine for 10 years before divorce upset the apple cart.

• Sad 2