• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hello

Alex_225

It's been a while since I really did some reading up on and/or buying watches but I have a few in my collection. Mostly made up of Seiko and TAG with a couple of different ones thrown in. 

Recently found out about Steeldive which seemed to be getting great reviews so picked up this 'Tuna' from them the other week. Massively impressed with it and have ordered another already. Make for something interesting and an ideal daily watch. 

[img]https://i.imgur.com/4I8N29o.jpg[/img]

Helps if I use the forum properly :mad0218:

4I8N29o.jpg

• Like 3

Hi mate, thank you for the welcome. :)

Good looking Steeldive there too, the bronze ones intrigue me. Once thing I like is for the price point, I don't mind taking a risk. I wasn't 100% sure on the Tuna as I have small wrists but big hands and turns out I can pull off wearing such a big watch. It's actually become one of my favourites daily watches, although compared to the SKX007 it's a tough call haha

Not really much of a Seiko fan, I have had a few over my time but no real love, dunno why.

The bronze one is gorgeous, however, if I wear it continually I get a green wrist!  If I take it off at night I'm fine, well impressed with the quality though at the price, they're nearly as good as Orient.  Check them out, (also now part of the Seiko stable).

Oddly I'd never thought much about Seiko when I'd consider a watch, then ended up ordering the SKX007 and 009 which I love, I'm a big fan of the diver style watches. So probably have five Seikos overall, one my granddad left me which is sentimental. 

IT does look really nice, I'm considering the Black Bronze Bay that Steeldive do although have another en route this week so will hold off on that for now. 

I'll have a look at Orient, a brand I've heard of but not paid much attention to. I believe Creation Watches sells them, they are who I've ordered from a few times. :)

25 minutes ago, animalone said:

Welcome to the forum,

It's nice to see a proper introduction,:clap: instead of another "how do I make money from watches"

Yeah I'm definitely not on the look out to make any money on watches. It seems so far quite the opposite! haha

• Haha 1

Welcome to the Forum, Alex - and thanks for the nice introduction to yourself. I like your Steeldive and particularly like the unusual dial colourway. The only negative for me is a minor niggle about the name of the watch printed on the dial; I wish they had put a space between MARINE and ENGINEER.:)

• Like 1

On 17/08/2021 at 14:39, Always"watching" said:

Welcome to the Forum, Alex - and thanks for the nice introduction to yourself. I like your Steeldive and particularly like the unusual dial colourway. The only negative for me is a minor niggle about the name of the watch printed on the dial; I wish they had put a space between MARINE and ENGINEER.:)

I thought exactly the same, Steeldive is one word as it's a brand but not sure why two actual works weren't spaced. A minor thing but completely agree. :) 

On 19/08/2021 at 08:15, Roger the Dodger said:

Hi, and welcome to the forum! That's a lovely looking watch! I have a bit of a 'thing' for yellow or orange dials...as you will see when you look at the WRUW threads. :thumbsup:

I will have to go and have a look. I am very partial to orange and metallic oranges (have a car in that colour!) and I think it just works on many watches. 

I actually swapped the bracelet on the orange Steeldive to a black SD strap. It did come with an orange one but felt it was perhaps a bit too much. Contrasts well with the black rubber strap and nice quality for £7!

XGgIzx4.jpg

ywWJxLo.jpg

• Like 2