• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Myth Watches

Hello watch lovers,

How are you all?

Came across this ad on Facebook about a new watch brand launching on Kickstarter next month.

https://mythwatches.com/

I think this watch looks great, love the idea of the stones used for the dial and the bezel.

It's a bit different than what we're used to see here but I think that's a good thing. Don't know about you guys, but I used to invest and believe in all these microbrands that came out in recent years cause they were all trying to innovate and offer something unique. Nowadays I don't see that anymore, seems like new microbrands are just copying previous microbrands and I keep seeing the same watches over and over (there are some exceptions of course).

Downside of Myth Watches, they don't display a price point on their website, they want you to subscribe to their newsletter to have more info. I just did, so if someone is interested, I'll share more info with you once I get to know more.

At least they are trying to be different from most Kickstarter projects, not something I would want to buy though, I don't like the hands nor do I like the open dial

The stone exposed on the bezel will be subject to wear and damage especially the malachite which has a hardness of 3.5 to 4 which is quite soft, the lapis lazuli would fare a bit better at a hardness of 5 to 5.5 and the Tiger's Eye being the hardest at around 6 (but which is still less than a typical stainless steel)

• Like 1

I have a couple of watches with Myota movements and a display case back and it just ain't  pretty. Almost as bad as the hole in the dial, which is just annoying and pointless. Interesting idea, but back to the drawing board for further development. 

• Agree 2