• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Newbie To The forum

Monaque

21 hours ago, Monaque said:

Hi everyone.

First time posting here, thought I'd intro myself.

I'm an engineer and artist from the UK. Finished building my first watch a few weeks ago and now starting on my second.

Kind regards.

Chris.

Welcome, and don't be shy, let's see some pictures of your creation.

I genuinely love seeing people do things that I could only dream of, making a watch must give you a lifetime of pride, anything I make just gives me 18 years (+) of grief and expenditure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bricey said:

Welcome, and don't be shy, let's see some pictures of your creation.

I genuinely love seeing people do things that I could only dream of, making a watch must give you a lifetime of pride, anything I make just gives me 18 years (+) of grief and expenditure.

Actually I created a thread on 'watchuseek' some time ago on the building of it (rather long winded and emminently avoidable) and also have some photos on Instagram so I could post some here also if you would like. I'm sure, though, there would be an oppropriate place to put them?

Being a newbie here I haven't had time to explore that much.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Monaque said:

Actually I created a thread on 'watchuseek' some time ago on the building of it (rather long winded and emminently avoidable) and also have some photos on Instagram so I could post some here also if you would like. I'm sure, though, there would be an oppropriate place to put them?

Being a newbie here I haven't had time to explore that much.

I think a post on the Watch Discussion Forum

https://thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?/forum/2-watch-discussion-forum/

showing the watch you have made and sharing some information about it and the process would be welcomed by many.

Some, like I, would enjoy seeing what and how you achieved, others more involved would no doubt share their own experiences and maybe even some advice regarding any issues you experienced during the project or towards improvements, tips and even suppliers and resources that may be handy for your second project.

7 minutes ago, Bricey said:

I think a post on the Watch Discussion Forum

https://thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?/forum/2-watch-discussion-forum/

showing the watch you have made and sharing some information about it and the process would be welcomed by many.

Some, like I, would enjoy seeing what and how you achieved, others more involved would no doubt share their own experiences and maybe even some advice regarding any issues you experienced during the project or towards improvements, tips and even suppliers and resources that may be handy for your second project.

Thanks for the link. It's always interesting to hear of other peoples experiences and different ways of making a part. I'll check that all out tonight when I get home where I have all my images.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Monaque said:

@BriceyPictures posted over on the watch discussion forum.

Just seen it and replied, that is amazing work, truly amazing.

I know the sense of pride I've got from standing there looking at a room in the house I've decorated or some other fairly rudimentary DIY project I've completed to a standard that I'm comfortable with, I can imagine the level that would go to looking at my wrist to see a watch that I had not just put together but in many areas produced from scratch.

I do not mind admitting that I am in awe of what you have achieved there, I hope that you are as proud of it as I feel you should be.