• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

This looks very nice !

Ugg10

https://www.grand-seiko.com/uk-en/collections/slga007g

New Limited edition Grand Seiko - Heritage Range - Stainless Steel case, Bracelet, Spring Drive 9RA2 with NO indicator on the dial (it's on the rear visible through the display back), 120hr power reserve, 38 jewels, 100m water resistance. Dial and the gold second hand/details look particularly nice with the blue textured dial. Only 2021 being made  but RRP is £8200. Looks like another great "one watch" collection. Available December if they are not already gone on pre-order.

Grand-Seiko-SLGA007G.014.jpg

Grand-Seiko-Minamo-SLGA007-calibre-9RA2-

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure about the textured finish on the dial although I realize that it has been very well executed. My main gripe is that someone seems to have bitten the end off the hour hand and given it "clumpy" proportions, while leaving only the minute hand as one of those beautiful Seiko Dauphine hands that the company does so well.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Always"watching" said:

I'm not sure about the textured finish on the dial although I realize that it has been very well executed. My main gripe is that someone seems to have bitten the end off the hour hand and given it "clumpy" proportions, while leaving only the minute hand as one of those beautiful Seiko Dauphine hands that the company does so well.

We all look at the same and yet see different things because I think that dial looks wonderful.

• Agree 5

GSs are exquisitely-made and have THE best level of finishing, certainly dial-side, IMHO :yes:.

What I find interesting is the extent to which quite a few brands seem to be generally 'known' more and more in effect for one style of watch, whether it's Tudor BB58, Omega Speedies, IWC Pilot, Oris Aquis or GS as per above (yes, yes, I know that is not literally the case).  In that context, GS varies its dial colour and texture, but really not much else visually.

It's a lovely watch, but a bit too...samey...for my taste.

And so far outside my budget that it's not even worth mentioning. :laugh:

The way SRPs are going up and up, all the big brands are heading off into the sunset leaving me sitting 'round the camp fire with microbrands, and the kind of stuff Jody on JOMW reviews, eating beans out of a tin :laugh::laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

For a limited edition I think the price is justified but still expensive, I think the movement has only been in £10k+ very limited editions so far. The manual wind SBGY007 Omiwatari I think is the only other non limited edition spring drive with the meter on the rear, this is a manual wind and part of the more dress watch range but again is £7700 RRP and new so no real discounts yet. However, it seems as though GS have been listening and I am crossing my fingers that the no dial meter spring drive “normal” watches are just around the corner. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Ugg10 said:

https://www.grand-seiko.com/uk-en/collections/slga007g

New Limited edition Grand Seiko - Heritage Range - Stainless Steel case, Bracelet, Spring Drive 9RA2 with NO indicator on the dial (it's on the rear visible through the display back), 120hr power reserve, 38 jewels, 100m water resistance. Dial and the gold second hand/details look particularly nice with the blue textured dial. Only 2021 being made  but RRP is £8200. Looks like another great "one watch" collection. Available December if they are not already gone on pre-order.

Grand-Seiko-SLGA007G.014.jpg

Grand-Seiko-Minamo-SLGA007-calibre-9RA2-

Gotta say, not usually a Seiko lover, but an loving this lots!

• Agree 1

Sounds like the consensus is close but no cigar.

I actually think the Omiwatari is a better looking watch and I could get used to the manual wind but I would like to see what it looks like on a bracelet. But again, the price seems a little high given it is not a limited edition (RRP £7700, seen it down to £7400 but that’s it for discounts at the moment).

https://www.seikoboutique.co.uk/product/grand-seiko-omiwatari-spring-drive/

SBGY007G_LS.jpg

• Agree 1

You can get some proper hands from monsterwatches and swap them out:

MBBlued-015.jpg

Gilt might look better:

MBGolds-026.jpg

so it's not all doom and glume.

19 minutes ago, Ugg10 said:

Sounds like the consensus is close but no cigar.

I actually think the Omiwatari is a better looking watch and I could get used to the manual wind but I would like to see what it looks like on a bracelet. But again, the price seems a little high given it is not a limited edition (RRP £7700, seen it down to £7400 but that’s it for discounts at the moment).

https://www.seikoboutique.co.uk/product/grand-seiko-omiwatari-spring-drive/

SBGY007G_LS.jpg

I want one.

Edited by Jet Jetski

36 minutes ago, antjrice said:

Wow - that is a watch, and when seen in the metal, the textures of these dials is mesmerising 

More info please!
Hoping to see one in a couple of weeks, may be a bit early for the Lake Suwa though to compare. 

• 4 weeks later...