Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hublot big bang


chas g
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Igerswis said:

A strange thing to say isn't it? Why would someone spending their own money on something of their choice affect any aspect of your life?

A forum is based on people's experiences and opinions. But there are still rules to follow to keep things civilized. Some members on here seem to forget that.

:hmmm9uh:I guess I am a strange person that says strange things, but I don't consider myself uncivilised.

It is your complete freedom to purchase and wear a watch such as this one..

image.png.69df3c68a51d7d56254445df96c9efd1.png.. as it is my complete freedom to laugh until my socks fall off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, SolaVeritate said:

:hmmm9uh:I guess I am a strange person that says strange things, but I don't consider myself uncivilised.

It is your complete freedom to purchase and wear a watch such as this one..

image.png.69df3c68a51d7d56254445df96c9efd1.png.. as it is my complete freedom to laugh until my socks fall off.

Is there a waiting list? That would obviously affect my decision :thumbsup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Igerswis said:

A strange thing to say isn't it? Why would someone spending their own money on something of their choice affect any aspect of your life?

A forum is based on people's experiences and opinions. But there are still rules to follow to keep things civilized. Some members on here seem to forget that.

Maybe a secret admirer of Rolex and Hublot watches:yes:

Bit like the Shakespeare quote:-"The lady doth protest too much, me thinks" :yes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chas g said:

Maybe a secret admirer of Rolex and Hublot watches:yes:

Bit like the Shakespeare quote:-"The lady doth protest too much, me thinks" :yes:

You must be new here!

 

Some people on here complain about Rolex as though they have the money in their pocket but it’s impossible to buy one at an AD, hence their frustration. 
 

I don’t see the same people complaining about purchasing property or certain models of vehicles, jewellery, clothing/trainers and those industries that have huge markups on just waiting lists where a a slot can be sold for a profit. but as soon as someone mentions the ‘R’ word then all hell breaks loose. 
 

You wanted people’s opinions on the Hublot you were interested in. You got opinions from some people who have no idea of the brand, models, the movements or even handled any of them in person. Yet they’re self qualified to tell others what they think based on a photo and if anyone disagrees with them then they must be wrong. 
 

I gave you my opinion and it got swept under the carpet and dismissed by many others. That’s fine it’s within your rights. But if this is the community you all want the forum to become then I’ll gladly leave. 
 

I can’t help but think if I started commenting on other member’s watches in the same way they speak about certain brands….let’s just say I don’t think it would end well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Igerswis said:

You must be new here!

 

Some people on here complain about Rolex as though they have the money in their pocket but it’s impossible to buy one at an AD, hence their frustration. 
 

I don’t see the same people complaining about purchasing property or certain models of vehicles, jewellery, clothing/trainers and those industries that have huge markups on just waiting lists where a a slot can be sold for a profit. but as soon as someone mentions the ‘R’ word then all hell breaks loose. 
 

You wanted people’s opinions on the Hublot you were interested in. You got opinions from some people who have no idea of the brand, models, the movements or even handled any of them in person. Yet they’re self qualified to tell others what they think based on a photo and if anyone disagrees with them then they must be wrong. 
 

I gave you my opinion and it got swept under the carpet and dismissed by many others. That’s fine it’s within your rights. But if this is the community you all want the forum to become then I’ll gladly leave. 
 

I can’t help but think if I started commenting on other member’s watches in the same way they speak about certain brands….let’s just say I don’t think it would end well. 

I have been on here since November 2016 and enjoy the friendly banter.

 I am quite happy for people to post whatever they like. I certainly don't take offence, everyone is entitled to their opinion and most of the digs are fairly tongue in cheek. 

I don't think your post was swept under the carpet and it gave me food for thought.

My conclusion having read a few articles about Hublot is that they probably aren't for me at the moment. I have decided which watch I am going to buy and I will definitely get some flack on here when I get it but its my money to do with what I like.

Best wishes Chas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In another thread a few weeks ago, the concept of the "bargepole index" (BP) was developed. 

I must admit that the offerings of Hublot I have seen (yes "seen") to date rate as 2.0BP for me. But that is just my personal opinion.

And neither is that necessarily bad  --  in fact our friends at Hublot find themselves in exalted company. My other 2.0BP watches include Nautilus, Royal Oak, almost all Rolex models, and Richard Mille. That doesn't mean that any of those are bad watches, just that they are extremely unlikely ever to feature in my collection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's Hublot that Stallone loves isn't it (I think loves a yacht master as well, but Hublot is his thing)?

Whilst if I was lucky enough to have a budget that meant they were an option, I'd 100% be using that budget on something else for my wrist, if they are alright by (the original) Rocky, then they're alright by me.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...