• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Tuesday watch

31 minutes ago, rhaythorne said:

Have you ever noticed with wrist shots where you can see the wearer's hand that their fist is always clenched?  Their fingers are never extended or relaxed.  Why is that?  Maybe I'm weird for even noticing :laugh:

If I have a relaxed hand my fingers are naturally curled a little towards the palm, so from above it looks like I have weird short fingers (which I do,  but the angle and perception is that they're even weirder and even shorter).

Stretching them out flat looks more weird still, like rigor mortis has set in.

So, a loose fist it is.

Edited by Bricey
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rhaythorne said:

Excellent photo @Roxybenand it also exhibits something that's puzzled me for a while.  Have you ever noticed with wrist shots where you can see the wearer's hand that their fist is always clenched?  Their fingers are never extended or relaxed.  Why is that?  Maybe I'm weird for even noticing :laugh:

Thanks! I think the fist clenched look is probably the best option when going for the lower arm and hand shot in the air. I like to get the hand in my photos instead of just the wrist as it gives you a bit more perspective on the watch. The other options if not clenching the fist may lead more along the lines of a roman salute which is not advisable. A may do a claw shape next time for variety. :biggrin:

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Bricey said:

Have you ever noticed with wrist shots where you can see the wearer's hand that their fist is always clenched?  Their fingers are never extended or relaxed.  Why is that?  Maybe I'm weird for even noticing :laugh:

Even if I turn the hand I wear my watch on (right, as I am a leftie) I automatically make a light fist with my hand as I turn it - Looking at it with my fingers extended doesn't feel natural, but I am a few chips short of a Happy Meal :crazy5vh:

• Like 1

Postie has been and I received my new project today.

The funniest thing about the delivery was how it was wrapped...

Layer 1...Plastic shopping bag turned inside out with the handles cut off

Layer 2...Cardboard box for face masks

Layer 3...Everton beanie hat

Layer 4...masses of kitchen towels

Layer 5... A watch wrapped in an orange sweat band

I had such a laugh putting on my new watch along with a free hat, and orange sweat band.

p.s. I am not an Everton fan, but who can resist a free hat, and sweat band :biggrin:

IMG_20210921_151728.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

Changing to another Talis automatic. It's also running an AS 2066, but this one with no unexpected signatures (the other one I bought has "Solvil & Titus" on the rotor.) It was sold as working, but missing the crown. Having removed the old, snapped off stem, and obtained a new stem and crown, it is now running like a champ. On a Spiedel expanding bracelet, which was a pig to resize and refit. It's a nice watch, though, I don't have many black dials and and I like the case. Not bad for £20. :biggrin:

Talis AS 2066

And, just to satisfy my curiosity, is this KIF Trior shock protection?

large.1940353823_AS2066_a.jpg.edd569850f6e829b32f514420306efd1.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

I think I'd worry where that might have been. :laugh:

Hopefully just on someone's head, but I do have a vivid imagination :biggrin:

Let's face it, there is a sweat band also...so it's someone sweaty that supports Everton that wore a broken watch...maybe I could send the hat off for DNA analysis and do the whole 'Who do you think you are' thing :hmmm9uh:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

Today I received a notification from TWF telling me that I have a new rank of Mentor???

Is it possible TWF made a spelling mistake and I have in fact reached the rank of Mental?

Thanks TWF, glad that you appreciate your members. :thumbsup:

Screenshot 2021-09-21 11.37.45.png

Roy forgot the prefix = De or Tor, possibly?

:tongue:

Well done, Sir!

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Roy forgot the prefix = De or Tor, possibly?

:tongue:

Well done, Sir!

Yes indeed...

Demented, and tormented more so than dementor, and tormentor. :biggrin:

I still think Mental fits better than Mentor, but I must thank Roy for giving me some sort of credibility.

p.s. the 1929 Rotherham & Sons is a stunner, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spinynorman said:

I think I'd worry where that might have been. :laugh:

Shudders, Liverpool, shudders some more.

1 hour ago, rafy1 said:

1.jpg

2-1600x1200.jpg

3-1600x1200.jpg

@JayDeep is going to mess himself when he sees that.

1 hour ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

Hopefully just on someone's head, but I do have a vivid imagination :biggrin:

Let's face it, there is a sweat band also...so it's someone sweaty that supports Everton that wore a broken watch...maybe I could send the hat off for DNA analysis and do the whole 'Who do you think you are' thing :hmmm9uh:

Duncan Ferguson.

He was a Sweatie (Sweatie Sock - Jock - Scotsman)

Played for the Toffee's.

Seldom went more than 25 minutes without punching someone or something, thus the broken watch.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

Postie has been and I received my new project today.

The funniest thing about the delivery was how it was wrapped...

Layer 1...Plastic shopping bag turned inside out with the handles cut off

Layer 2...Cardboard box for face masks

Layer 3...Everton beanie hat

Layer 4...masses of kitchen towels

Layer 5... A watch wrapped in an orange sweat band

I had such a laugh putting on my new watch along with a free hat, and orange sweat band.

p.s. I am not an Everton fan, but who can resist a free hat, and sweat band :biggrin:

IMG_20210921_151728.jpg

COYB

• Like 1