• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Tuesday watch

Tuesday!?!?!!! I've still got an hour left of Monday! Lol

36 minutes ago, Pete wilding said:

2C2D3BB2-724D-49CC-A15D-8B5B0F6EC5EB.jpeg

206043AD-7D08-4376-9172-33564C672241.jpeg

6F9744F1-EC01-4FF7-B922-8E2B89847713.jpeg

The bracelet sux (not fitted end links), but what a piece of perfection otherwise! My C60 Trident has a slightly poorly misaligned bezel that bothers me just enough I rarely wear it. 

12 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

1929 9k ROTHERHAM & SONS PW.

SIUXM4D.jpg

wtcN4X0.jpg

xIVJDqq.jpg

If this came in a wristwatch option I'd be scouring the internet trying to find one. I really respect your taste for truly fine and worthy horological art.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

A lot of "only" today.

My only chronograph (and likely to stay that way  --  I've had the watch since new in 1994, and have never yet used (rather than played with) the function).

My only trinity piece (and likely to stay that way until the right 1159 comes along).

My only yellow gold piece (could change in future).

My only mechanical watch with a solid case back (will stay that way).

AP Huitième chrono. 40mm YG. AP calibre 2126 automatic (which is actually a Dubois Dépraz chrono module on a Jaeger-LeCoultre 889 ebauche  --  same as today's ROO, as you can see from the sub-dial positioning).

i2myU2v.jpg

p3d0YNa.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Seiko 7T92-0FW0 NautiOak (old rubbish picture...sorry)

I think Seiko collectors call it the the Royal Oak, but I think the case has a look of Nautilus about it.

I bid on this a few years back, didn't really want it so my max bid was really low. I'd forgotten that I'd even bid on it until I received a notification telling me I had won.

Really wasn't bothered that I'd bought it until it arrived...it is a fantastic watch, feels such a well made watch which wears so well.

IMG_20201011_103009588.jpg

• Like 12

After having a go at regulating this watch and winning so far it deserves a day out on the wrist. Have managed to get it from a -20 seconds a day to just gaining 4 seconds in the last 9 hours. Very happy with my first attempt. It really has given the watch a new lease of life for me as I found -20 seconds a day rather annoying.

2021-09-21_11-28-39

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

Today I received a notification from TWF telling me that I have a new rank of Mentor???

Is it possible TWF made a spelling mistake and I have in fact reached the rank of Mental?

Thanks TWF, glad that you appreciate your members. :thumbsup:

Screenshot 2021-09-21 11.37.45.png

Congratulations. I don't think it's a typo, we're all Mental by default. :biggrin: I'll race you to Veteran. :wheelchair:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Roxyben said:

After having a go at regulating this watch and winning so far it deserves a day out on the wrist. Have managed to get it from a -20 seconds a day to just gaining 4 seconds in the last 9 hours. Very happy with my first attempt. It really has given the watch a new lease of life for me as I found -20 seconds a day rather annoying.

2021-09-21_11-28-39

Excellent photo @Roxybenand it also exhibits something that's puzzled me for a while.  Have you ever noticed with wrist shots where you can see the wearer's hand that their fist is always clenched?  Their fingers are never extended or relaxed.  Why is that?  Maybe I'm weird for even noticing :laugh:

Anyway, since I'm here, I started the week with this curvaceous 1937 Waltham.  Sadly, it seems to be a little poorly and needs a service so I'll switch to something else later.

Waltham%201937%2020210920.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3