• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Vintage Camy

Markreed84

1 hour ago, Markreed84 said:

Just saw 90-4 engraved very small, so could it be an FHF-90-4 movement?

It does look like one to me, comparing your small photo to the reference picture on the ranfft.de database. Camy did use FHF movements, often the hand winding FHF-ST 96. I have an FHF 90-5 automatic in an old Mondaine and it's a very nice movement.

Camy dive watches and the better known models tend to be the more expensive ones. Also, the dial on yours looks in very good condition and I wonder if it might have been repainted. Hard to tell with such a small photo.  

16 hours ago, Markreed84 said:

To my eye it all looks original. There's some dust on the face but it is in good condition. I also found an engraving on the case which I think indicates it was gold plated. Let me try the images again, try these links

PXL-20210919-140647270.jpg

PXL-20210919-142317041.jpg

PXL-20210919-151406568.jpg

PXL-20210919-175054934.jpg

Thanks for the bigger photos. "Plaque G 20" is 20 microns gold plate. 10 microns is more common, just means yours has a slightly thicker layer of gold. The shield is probably the case maker's mark, but I haven't seen that one before. On the movement, you can see the FHF logo above the 90-4. Nice find, enjoy wearing it.

Thanks, quite surprised by the momovement actually, wound it yesterday about 2pm, probably only half way as well, and it's been sat on the table since and was still going lunch time today and keeping good time. 

Funny you mentioned the diving watches because when I saw this for £10 I had a feeling I knew the brand. I actually remember I saw a camy diving watch at an antiques fair but it was overpriced. It had an interesting colour combination which caught my eye.

To my eye it all looks original. There's some dust on the face but it is in good condition. I also found an engraving on the case which I think indicates it was gold plated. Let me try the images again, try these links

PXL-20210919-140647270.jpg

PXL-20210919-142317041.jpg

PXL-20210919-151406568.jpg

PXL-20210919-175054934.jpg

• Like 1