UK Watch Forum banner

Wednesday watch

1K views 47 replies 36 participants last post by  Jet Jetski 
#1 ·
Morning,

See less See more
#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Lorus Mickey Mouse watch dating to 1990. Originally bought in Disneyland Florida, I purchased this watch from an American collector in 2013. It features a Seiko Y621-6050 A1, Singapore made, 17 jewel automatic movement with quickset date and a crystal case back with a Mickey logo in gold on it. The cream dial with raised gilt numbers features a 'Pie eye' caricature of Mickey in superb condition with no fading of the colours. Mickey's arms are the hands. This is the only 'gold' wristwatch that I possess and also the only one with a strap, as I normally deplore them. I disassembled the watch in 2014 and had the case refinished and re-plated. To this day, I have never seen another one like it.

#35 · (Edited by Moderator)
Today I will be giving a watch that weighs the same as @pauluspaolo's car.

FYJFzuo.jpeg

oYSqxOY.jpeg

Might set the chrono going so that I can see how long I manage to wear it before I get a hernia.
Crikey, the big boys like a bloomin' Christmas Tree!

2919trT.jpg

#13 ·
Yesterday I discovered that @JayDeep and I had more in common than I thought.

@Karrusel posted photos of a gorgeous Rotherhan & Sons pocket watch . . . .

YD1LRb6.jpg

ZtdffKy.jpg

(Images purloined from the Master)

And Jay commented that it would look wonderful in wrist watch format. The point is that I also have a real weakness for pocket watch syle pieces for the wrist -- especially for the movements (i own three Unitas 6498 derived watches for goodness sake).

Today, I'm wearing an example from a company named for a master of the pocket watch art . . . . .

8AJdhdx.jpg

ciWxifW.jpg

gjG4m5w.jpg

Byqzshx.jpg

I tend to prefer roman numerals, but, for Jay, this piece is also available in the traditional look . . . .

0qrSVkB.jpg

(Photo from MG web site)

#18 ·
Yesterday I discovered that @JayDeep and I had more in common than I thought.

@Karrusel posted photos of a gorgeous Rotherhan & Sons pocket watch . . . .

YD1LRb6.jpg

ZtdffKy.jpg

(Images purloined from the Master)

And Jay commented that it would look wonderful in wrist watch format. The point is that I also have a real weakness for pocket watch syle pieces for the wrist -- especially for the movements (i own three Unitas 6498 derived watches for goodness sake).

Today, I'm wearing an example from a company named for a master of the pocket watch art . . . . .

8AJdhdx.jpg

ciWxifW.jpg

gjG4m5w.jpg

Byqzshx.jpg

I tend to prefer roman numerals, but, for Jay, this piece is also available in the traditional look . . . .

0qrSVkB.jpg

(Photo from MG web site)

A bit of class, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
These....

PARNIS,Seagull cal.3600,17 Jewels

[IMG alt="Parnis-cushion.thumb.gif.8b3abede4e4cca8d9b4afe7a1de7fdca.gif" data-ratio="90.23"]https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/forumgallery/monthly_2019_07/Parnis-cushion.thumb.gif.8b3abede4e4cca8d9b4afe7a1de7fdca.gif[/IMG]​

&​

BULOVA 96B209 ACCUTRON II SNORKEL

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

:biggrin:​

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.