• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Wednesday watch

Lorus Mickey Mouse watch dating to 1990. Originally bought in Disneyland Florida, I purchased this watch from an American collector in 2013. It features a Seiko Y621-6050 A1, Singapore made, 17 jewel automatic movement with quickset date and a crystal case back with a Mickey logo in gold on it. The cream dial with raised gilt numbers features a 'Pie eye' caricature of Mickey in superb condition with no fading of the colours. Mickey's arms are the hands. This is the only 'gold' wristwatch that I possess and also the only one with a strap, as I normally deplore them. I disassembled the watch in 2014 and had the case refinished and re-plated. To this day, I have never seen another one like it.

Mickey mouse.

Mickey Mouse

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yokel said:

Yesterday I discovered that @JayDeep and I had more in common than I thought.

@Karrusel posted photos of a gorgeous Rotherhan & Sons pocket watch . . . .

YD1LRb6.jpg

ZtdffKy.jpg

(Images purloined from the Master)

And Jay commented that it would look wonderful in wrist watch format. The point is that I also have a real weakness for pocket watch syle pieces for the wrist  --  especially for the movements (i own three Unitas 6498 derived watches for goodness sake).

Today, I'm wearing an example from a company named for a master of the pocket watch art . . . . .

8AJdhdx.jpg

ciWxifW.jpg

gjG4m5w.jpg

Byqzshx.jpg

I tend to prefer roman numerals, but, for Jay, this piece is also available in the traditional look . . . .

0qrSVkB.jpg

(Photo from MG web site)

A bit of class, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, yokel said:

Yesterday I discovered that @JayDeep and I had more in common than I thought.

@Karrusel posted photos of a gorgeous Rotherhan & Sons pocket watch . . . .

YD1LRb6.jpg

ZtdffKy.jpg

(Images purloined from the Master)

And Jay commented that it would look wonderful in wrist watch format. The point is that I also have a real weakness for pocket watch syle pieces for the wrist  --  especially for the movements (i own three Unitas 6498 derived watches for goodness sake).

Today, I'm wearing an example from a company named for a master of the pocket watch art . . . . .

8AJdhdx.jpg

ciWxifW.jpg

gjG4m5w.jpg

Byqzshx.jpg

I tend to prefer roman numerals, but, for Jay, this piece is also available in the traditional look . . . .

0qrSVkB.jpg

(Photo from MG web site)

Absolutely beautiful. You certainly have a fine collection of watches. Must get a lottery ticket today :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1