UK Watch Forum banner

Bulova Frank Sinatra line

1K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  carlgulliver 
#1 ·
Anyone check these out yet? I've recently been trying to find myself a square watch for my collection. I just cannot get into the JLC reverso at all, and for how little I'll wear it I couldn't justify spending more than a Grand on one anyway, so that and Cartier are out the window.

Today while surfing YouTube I stumbled across a review video of a Bulova Sinatra automatic, wasn't square but had that vintage vibe to it that I like so I checked it out and came to find that there is also a square option. It is quartz, unfortunately, but I'm not so sure I'm completely put off by that. Or at least, not put off enough. There are a few different color combos, but I really dig this one... a bit small, but what a stunner! 30mm wide, 36mm tall.

View attachment 2445054.xxl.webp

Attachments

#3 ·
Anyone check these out yet? I've recently been trying to find myself a square watch for my collection. I just cannot get into the JLC reverso at all, and for how little I'll wear it I couldn't justify spending more than a Grand on one anyway, so that and Cartier are out the window.

Today while surfing YouTube I stumbled across a review video of a Bulova Sinatra automatic, wasn't square but had that vintage vibe to it that I like so I checked it out and came to find that there is also a square option. It is quartz, unfortunately, but I'm not so sure I'm completely put off by that. Or at least, not put off enough. There are a few different color combos, but I really dig this one... a bit small, but what a stunner! 30mm wide, 36mm tall.

View attachment 35613
I do like that.

Not square, but for a long time I did fancy an Oris Frank Sinatra.

20928_01%20733%207570%204064-07%205%2019

#4 ·

View attachment 35613
30mm is just about right for that style. It will be interesting to see the dial for real, as I suspect it may be a bit naff. I could be wrong of course.

#13 ·
Apparently;

"The Frank Sinatra collection features timepieces in a variety of case shapes and designs, each of which are named after some of his most beloved songs. Bulova's connection to Frank Sinatra runs deep. ... The singer was also known to be a wearer of Bulova timepieces throughout his life."

I owned an Oris Frank Sinatra,not sure why I sold it tbh.
Witchcraft ?

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've recently been trying to find myself a square watch for my collection
Did you manage to scratch your "big date" itch? If not, how about a cheap twofer, square(ish) watch with big date (still quartz I'm afraid, but a cheap option)

product-2.jpg

about-2.jpg

about-1.jpg

product-13.jpg

blue-midnight.jpg

https://belaliwatches.com/

Rrp 299€

Preorder for 149€

Reactions: SolaVeritate
#19 ·
Funny where these threads lead. I particularly like vintage Art Deco style watches, specifically American 1920's-1930's.

NIK_3717_fc4770ec-c52a-4dcc-bcc4-74a516b

above from 1927.

The modern interpretation bearing the same model name, 32mm, but the minute track looks wrong,

bul-287-bulova-watch-marine-star-mens-96

Now I like it, but not £899 like it. The original pictured 1927 model sold for less than half that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.