• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Monday, Monday. What watch to wear?

Bricey

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Seiko SKZ251 'Frankenmonster'. The second watch I bought after joining in 2009. Produced from 2007 - 2009, this is one of the few watches I bought brand new. Quite large at 47mm, it runs the cal. 7S36, 23 jewel auto movement. There is a decorative 'waffle' texture to the bezel edge and bracelet links, and it has an oversized, signed screw down crown.  Lume is Seiko's usual crazy 'Lumibrite'. This watch was also available with either a black, blue or orange dial in addition to the yellow shown here. The orange is the hardest to find. Unusual 3 level dial with the hour hand on the bottom level, minute hand over the second level and the second hand over the top chapter ring. The 'Frankenmonster' nickname (Seiko owners love their nicknames!) comes from the 3 decorative hex bolts in the tuna shroud that resemble the contacts in Frankenstein's monster's neck. Although a Seiko 5, like all scarce Seiko models, this one is appreciating nicely among collectors if you can find one.

Textured bezel edge and bracelet links.

Seiko 'Frankenmonster'

Lume.

Seiko 'Frankenmonster' lume

• Like 15

Morning.

I was chatting about this one last night so I think I'll wear it today.

large.20210831_092714.jpg.19edb090b3a3730fe65e80d8b2179627.jpg

This is a Pink Cohome auto with exhibition case back and Arabic-Indic numerals. The bottom of the dial has "Automatic London" printed and I suspect the only part of london it has had contact with.. was the postal sorting office as it passed through from China to Glasgow.

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

Well the weather's s#%&e, but it's warm in here, I've liked every single watch post so far because every one's a hit, there are usually at least a few I skip over and think "I hope you like it, but its not for me" but today every one is an absolute barnstormer....good work people.

:thumbs_up:

• Agree 2

Right, I'm going to lower the tone, to the bottom of the barrel. This "Allenby Super" uses a brand owned by Mustang Watch, a Swiss exporter who had some connection with Brevinex, owners of "MuDu". The 'A' in a shield above the name was used by Allaine Watch Co, so I think they assembled it. I would have consigned it to the outer darkness, except it runs on a Desa 221, a 1970s pin lever movement that even @Balaton1109 didn't have in his vast collection. Desa started in 1937 in Grenchen, taking over the Ebauches factory of Otto Mengisen in Lengnau. The company was owned by the Hugi family, who also had a machine tools business. They registered 'Desa' as a trademark for clocks in 1945, but renewed it in 1966 for Roskopf Ebauches and watches. Desa survived until 1990, still owned by the same family.

I won't be wearing this for long, because I wound it half an hour ago and, despite its Lifetime Mainspring, it's already gained 5 minutes. :laugh:

large.58C2247F-AF7B-44FE-B228-73B4B16569A6.jpeg.586ecc9f3d5895d7c2efe2748925a57d.jpeg

Desa 221

large.461315143_desa221movement.jpg.7b736ef1bcc5382f40372ecb08d831ae.jpg

BSMMFYiIgAEwKvF?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 10

1 hour ago, spinynorman said:

Right, I'm going to lower the tone,  

large.58C2247F-AF7B-44FE-B228-73B4B16569A6.jpeg.586ecc9f3d5895d7c2efe2748925a57d.jpeg

Disagree entirely, that is a beautiful looking watch.

I do wonder if it would look more at home on a nice warm toned leather strap, but it has elegance and class oozing from it all over your wrist.

• Thanks 1