• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Friday watch

An extremely belated (very sorry) and massive thank you to @bdalg1 for this freebie he sent me (this forum is a fantastic community). 

Maven Urban Scout, on a cream leather strap. I had planned to change the strap but have been a little busy of late and the original is starting to grow on me. Excuse my extremely small wrists, the photo angle is not helping, it actually wears smaller than the photo suggests.

large.Maven.jpg.befd4d6a5f88accd57d07c96676f7198.jpg

• Like 13

20 minutes ago, redmonaco said:

HAGWE

Eterna-1-10-21.jpg

I think I prefer that to my own two-tone version of the same watch. Looks classier just in the silver/Steel colourway. :(

1 hour ago, dapper said:

b3mExl1.jpg?1

I do quite like this, but it does slightly remind me of a big old hair clip my mum used to wear.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Tempted to put the Steeldive on today, just to piss off a few people on here who don't like 'em... :laughing2dw:  But decided to have another day with the gorgeous Spinnaker instead - I do hope it's not ripping off anyone else's design... :tongue:

20210827_135804

Have a great day chaps :thumbsup:

Oh I don't believe people dislike them as such. They just see them as they are. It's not a secret, everyone knows what they are. It seems to be a moral dilemma. You either buy them, or you don't. 

Myself? I only have money to buy either.. copy's/fakes/homages (call them what you will).. or alternative, less expensive watches. Which option should I direct my limited supply of money :hmmm9uh:

Should I spend my money on a Steeldive or should I spend my money on a Boctok? Which watch gets more respect from me and which watch will not have me defending my moral choice?

Its all rhetorical questions anyway. People buy what they want, and so they should. My morals don't extend to telling others what to do, but at the very least.. I'm glad I have them.

• Agree 1

I`m starting off with a couple of cheap & cheerful cushions, past...                                                                                           

TIMEX (mechanical, circa1976)

Timex--DSC_0257.thumb.gif.3ee2bbe916db1ab303f1415cf6571fd8.gif

present....

"TIMEX ORIGINAL"  T2N393ZB (quartz, modern reproduction)

Timex-DSC_0260.thumb.gif.1d91cdc9e0d61d3bf9ab4fad7cb06fde.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

I`m starting off with a couple of cheap & cheerful cushions, past..

TIMEX (mechanical, circa 1976)

Timex--DSC_0257.thumb.gif.3ee2bbe916db1ab303f1415cf6571fd8.gif

present....

"TIMEX ORIGINAL"  T2N393ZB (quartz, modern reproduction)

Timex-DSC_0260.thumb.gif.1d91cdc9e0d61d3bf9ab4fad7cb06fde.gif

:biggrin:

I like those a lot :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1