• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

SOT(bloated)C

2 little cheapie's due for delivery in the coming week, which will mean I'm over my cushion space by 1, have some that I'm confident I'll move on and a few that I'm on the fence about for now so will leave a while.

Winder 1:

lmLZb14.jpg

Winder 2:

9M5QgKx.jpg

Hand Wind Mini Collectiin:

7j9KnmB.jpg

No-Date Diver Mini Collection:

mYk8dnk.jpg

Quartz box:

lBthLGo.jpg

Others / Junkers Box:

2DlMqFG.jpg

It's very nearly the 6 month anniversary of me finding my way onto here (apologies to all those who long for the happy, tranquil days before my arrival).

I'm not wanting to get all soppy lobblocks, but this year has been a really tough one for me, despite all the silliness and jokey posts.

I've been open about having a large, young family, and about running my own business, life is busy at the best of times. But I have been living with persistent pain for the past 9 months or so, and have been through all manner of tests, trials and worst of all, pain meds whilst I await an operation to get me back on my feet (literally).

A side effect of this has been lots of down time, in bed with feet up or on the loo trying to move meds! And frankly, this site has played a big part in me not getting more down and grumpy than I have been, sharing in others thoughts and experiences on a subject I love (despite my obvious lack of proper schooling to this point) has been a genuine high point for me, and the above hopefully explains/excuses my post volume since I joined up.

I'm thinking that, with @Roy's approval I would like to donate a couple of watches to another raffle, this time to go into the funds to support and maintain this wonderful online community over the coming week or so. I for one think that places like this can often mean so much more than people realise to members that might be going through a difficult spell.

Thanks for putting up with me ladies and gentlemen, it's an honour to e-rub shoulders with you all.

:notworthy:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 13

Egads manually!! There's an empty space - you must fill it forthwith! :jawdrop1:

Happy to have you here Bricey - I appreciate your humour & always look forward to your posts :thumbs_up:

Can you tell me what the black diver (next to the orange Vostok) is please?

:thumbsup:

Edited by pauluspaolo
  • Haha 1

Just now, pauluspaolo said:

Happy to have you here Bricey - I appreciate your humour & always look forward to your posts :thumbs_up:

:thumbsup:

Check your messages Paul.

Yes, it's insidious this watch thing. You can spend ages trawling the net and buying things to fill holes in your collection that didn't really exist, and they are a thing you can mess about with and enjoy when you're stuck indoors and show off to random internet strangers on here. I've not worked since lockdown kicked in last year so in a similar place really where I've been stuck in the house for a lot of the time and this is a great community to talk nonsense on and generally help with the sanity front, Glad you were here.

I do like your collection, very much up my street, the only thing I'd take issue with is you seem to have a box you have declared as being "Others/ Junkers" there with one space remaining and no Junkers! A solution does come to mind there....

2220c3389531-3027b3dd.jpg

.. or similar.:thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SolaVeritate said:

We all could be doing with a distraction every now and then :thumbsup:

Personally, I think your postie must look like this..

image.thumb.png.e3f46f489d65a850c6d6f2e26ec77e28.png

Nice collection you have there. Kudos.

Much as I enjoy that picture, I think Bricey's postie must look more like this.

image.png.52a174b62292d542f3e987eefabf7ac6.png

• Haha 5

I really like the variety of your collection, and I enjoy the new arrivals as I can vicariously enjoy the new watch without spending money and getting grief from my wife :laughing2dw:

I have to admit she is right, I shouldn't be spending our money on watches I don't need at the moment.

So I should be thanking you for the entertainment since I joined :thumbsup:

Obviously, I hope they can do something to alleviate your pain asap.

My favourite of you collection is the Junghans, that is beautiful. I really like the Marlow, but I wish they were just a little smaller.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, pauluspaolo said:

5zrFGWv.jpeg

It's an RZE Endeavour "blacked out work bench edition".

I absolutely love it, such a cmoftable watch.

There's several things I like about your collection and a few I don't.

The best thing for me is you have some variety, lots of different brands... which means obviously some I dislike.

Swap the tudor from box two with the CW from box one and that first box would be a decent collection.     I like the Junghans too, lovely looking thing.

I must say too much too quick in my opinion though... thats not the collection of a 6 month member... if you stay much longer it will get even more out of hand.   Remember its not a race and being discriminatory against anything you don't like will do you favours long term.

Pretty good job though.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Daveyboyz said:

I must say too much too quick in my opinion though... thats not the collection of a 6 month member... if you stay much longer it will get even more out of hand.   Remember its not a race and being discriminatory against anything you don't like will do you favours long term.

I've been collecting watches for about 15 years, only found other maniacs exist (and indeed gather together online) 6 months ago :laughing2dw:

• Haha 5
  • Agree 1

@Bricey

Rather than compliment or insult each of so many watches in turn, I have simply prepared a Venn Diagram of our tastes.

Apologies for missing a couple of yours which I couldn't identify from your photos :blush:.

More overlap than I had expected :hmmm9uh:

5t8kVPe.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, yokel said:

@Bricey

Rather than compliment or insult each of so many watches in turn, I have simply prepared a Venn Diagram of our tastes.

Apologies for missing a couple of yours which I couldn't identify from your photos :blush:.

5t8kVPe.jpg

Hilarious that you have that section on the right, all of those watches join the Moser in the "I love them but can't afford them" category.

There are only two sections in the Venn diagram, those only I like, those we both like. :thumbs_up:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This community is all the better for having you here @Bricey - Some of the best (funny) posts I have seen are down to you & when I have felt the need to contact you about something, you have always done your level best to help (likewise with others, from what I have seen) - So keep up the good work, keeping us all amused & as far as the SOTC is concerned, imvho, I would be more than happy with the vast majority of your collection :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

When I joined the Forum in June I was somewhat apprehensive about making contributions and how the members would respond. I have to admit from the outset I have always looked forward to your daily/ hourly posts many of which have been so highly amusing. Like yourself , I too have been struggling health wise and this Forum is such a wonderful collection of individuals who “liven up” my day. Next week I will be off air for a few days because, hopefully I will finally have the operation that I’ve been waiting for for the last four years 878358788_Fingerscrossed.png.b66e18ea2e0e6d24cd18d6b23d4d05f1.png . I have to admit I was quite humbled by some feedback that you recently gave me and without wishing to drag this post into a self appreciation society I have the utmost respect for you and your contributions. I sincerely hope that your health will improve over the coming months and I continue to look forward to your daily/ hourly quips. 
thanks5.gif.c015687cb8794c319dc017b836e84cc0.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery Bricey!

2 hours ago, yokel said:

@Bricey

5t8kVPe.jpg

You missed the Rolex overlap.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery Bricey!

You missed the Rolex overlap.

No, not really. I have one, so I included it. But I wouldn't say I really like it.

Certainly wouldn't want another (e.g. @Bricey's.

• Haha 2

Right, I'm planning on a 10 prize Raffle, I've got 9 and have made an offer for a 10th. Once they're all present and correct I'll check in with @Roy about setting it up to run for a week or so to see what we can raise for the TWF coffers. The boss can then do as he wishes, whether that is covering some of the running costs or funding something else for a raffle or giveaway.

The starting 9 are (in no particular order):

Screenshot_20211002-232451_eBay.thumb.jpg.97e323bf973198bf062b2428d1f5ce06.jpg

20210625_141333.thumb.jpg.9e4c1b9c717f5e000fbf657e512e361c.jpg

20210929_161023.thumb.jpg.be91433cebe8b01e38b88cb84e613691.jpg

Screenshot_20211002-231940_eBay.thumb.jpg.8c03dd5927c6710528e83fe092271f31.jpg

Screenshot_20211002-232029_eBay.thumb.jpg.7378f3975ed5c506f07312456620b480.jpg

Screenshot_20211002-232103_eBay.thumb.jpg.44f0c674e11ddf11a1a4b2534aea8f30.jpg

Screenshot_20211002-232143_eBay.thumb.jpg.01b3ba7fec5677b647f5308cf8888d85.jpg

Screenshot_20211002-232211_eBay.thumb.jpg.8e0701410c5175e2dd9b2a40514046be.jpg

Screenshot_20211002-232249_eBay.thumb.jpg.09ab6a1d71de7699164d2c411469ccba.jpg

I appreciate nothing there is on anyone's grail list, but all are functioning watches and they cover a decent spectrum of types and styles, so hopefully a few things to generate some interest.

I'll do a proper write up of each prize once I've had a chance to review and evaluate them all and we are ready to start the raffle.

I'm not sure whether it's best to just assign each prize a number and whoever gets drawn that number gets the prize or whether we can do it like the raffles at a school fete where 10 winners (1st to 10th) are drawn and I let the first select their prize, then the 2nd select from the remaining 9 prizes, and so on until the 10th gets the final unpicked prize.

I'll take Roy's advice on whether that would work, personally I think whilst it might mean a small delay to get everyone's choices, it would be nice if each winner gets to pick the thing they like most (or dislike least) from whatever prizes are left on the table come their pick.

Thank you, sincerely, to the kind replies in this thread, and once again thank you to all of you for making me feel so welcome on here, it has been a genuine pleasure getting to e-know you all over the past half year.

:thumbs_up:

Edit: Offer accepted, number 10 will be an old favourite of mine :biggrin:

Screenshot_20211002-234017_eBay.thumb.jpg.e474b35db617acd8748aa705c08cfdaf.jpg

The Ornake, Morphic, Dominator del Mare and the Fossil are all nee/unworn, the rest are used.

Like I said I'll give a proper detailed description for each once I have them all here ready to go.

This is an excellent SOTC thread and it's inspired me to do my own at some point. 

The funny thing is, as 2020 was such a heavy incoming year for me, my collection is too heavy so my wishlist is quite thin and focused. 

However i regularly (honestly!) see new watches online and think to myself "that's nice - I bet Bricey would like that..... :huh:

• Haha 1