• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

The Danger Zone

None yet set in stone as definitely on their way, but the current leaning is this (not very) dirty dozen.

Nj91RL3.jpeg

7 auto's, 2 manual and 3 quartz.

33qPOvZ.jpeg

The Kingsbury is really cool, but just too big for my little wrists, the Micro rotor was a little play that I didn't expect would be a forever friend, the Eterna is lovely but too dressy for my usual casual outfit whilst being behind a couple of other dressy options on the (rare) occasions I get to smarten up and the Muhle, whilst a really lovely watch, is again always behind a couple of others (my Tudor and my Ball Fireman) when the outfit suits it.

UJWwoUf.jpeg

Like the Kingbury, the Direnzo is a stunning watch but just wears too big for me as its a large chunky lump of a watch, the Pancor lost a 1-on-1 battle with my Hoffman diver as they occupy exactly the same spot, the Glycine is a little like the Eterna too dressy for scruffs but not as dressy as others when smart, and the Seagull is "iconic" but just isn't going to get the wrist time as its not gelling with me.

E2XIxMl.jpeg

The J&T Windmills was something I was excited to try, and has a lot of charm but I feel is to old fashioned for me, the Alpina is cool but I prefer a couple of my other blacked out pilot types (Vandaag and Yema), the EB is awesome but built like a tank and too big and heavy for my tastes and despite a reprive and marked improvement of my live for the Bulova that I'd listed after for a long time, it's still too large and I'm not exactly short on divers that have a diameter, weight and height that I am more comfortable with.

Any that I am mad for considering flipping? Is it insane to get shot of a Muhle when you've still got a Larsson and Jennings sat happily in your collection? (@yokel I've already assumed your answer to this question!) Anything there I should be considering a strap swap first to see if I can fall in love with it in a different guise?

Thoughts (and admonishments) welcomed.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

I don't think your mad for flipping any of those, not to say they are not some great watches there but you have your reasons for each one and I know once a piece has been earmarked for the chop there is no going back! Like Davey says your not going to have many problems shifting them. I say go for it.

The muhle is my favourite out if that lot by the way. Awesome looking watch that one. Ben 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Decided to list the dirty dozen in the danger zone as a job lot. I don't doubt that it's unlikely to sell like that but there's always a little chance (I've sold a couple of job lots before although for £2000 and £2500, this might be pushing it!).

Figured it would not hurt if it just drummed up interest before doing individual listings if it doesn't go.

If I do individual listing and anyone is interested in any of the 12, I'll stick them in the classifieds at that point if you give me a heads up.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OUTSTANDING-WATCH-COLLECTION-12-WATCHES-ETERNA-MUHLE-GLYCINE-ALPINA-BULOVA-/324826693519?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

20 hours ago, Ugg10 said:

All the best with the sale, should just about pay for the Glashutte Sixties!!!! 

I can only hope, so far I've had one offer. It was for £100.

I think it would cost that to post.

Actually, it was from Italy, it would have cost more to post!

:laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

Hey buddy, I'm quite surprised you didn't list these watches individually on this fine forum...  I'd have thought there would be plenty of interest, and you'd be dealing with trustworthy members, instead of the usual ebay timewasters and chancers.  For what it's worth, whenever I list anything on ebay I always tick the box that says "UK buyers only", and I always make it clear in my descriptions that I will not sell anything outside of the UK under any circumstances.

Ironically, the one I like the most is the Kingsbury, which is the cheapest of the 12 - Says a lot about my taste in watches I guess :laughing2dw:

Good luck with the sale anyway :thumbsup:

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Hey buddy, I'm quite surprised you didn't list these watches individually on this fine forum...  I'd have thought there would be plenty of interest, and you'd be dealing with trustworthy members, instead of the usual ebay timewasters and chancers.  For what it's worth, whenever I list anything on ebay I always tick the box that says "UK buyers only", and I always make it clear in my descriptions that I will not sell anything outside of the UK under any circumstances.

Ironically, the one I like the most is the Kingsbury, which is the cheapest of the 12 - Says a lot about my taste in watches I guess :laughing2dw:

Good luck with the sale anyway :thumbsup:

I thought I'd have a shot at the lazy "all out in one big box" route first, just because I am a lazy sod with a healthy side dollop of impatient :laughing2dw:

Mad as it might sound/seem, twice previously I have packaged up a collection of watches and sold them as a lot, first time 10 Watches and a winder went that included a; Tag Link, Gucci, Armani Chrono, Mont Blanc Timewalker, Seiko Kinetic, Tissot Visodate, Tiger Concept sub, Ingersoll Apsley, Jorg Gray Obama watch and a Nixon Time Teller that had collectively cost me £1,800 and I got £2,300 (Plus P&P to the US).

Second time was 12, Movado, Hamilton Jazzmaster, Roamer Stingray III, Dreyfus Chrono, Slow, Spinnaker Bradner, Dreyfuss Seafarer, Tag F1, Timex Q, Hamilton Khaki, Bulova Snorkel Diver & and Alpina Startimer that had cost me £2,300 and got me £2,850.

So I figured I'd give it a shot once more to see if I could get lucky a third time.

If no one comes in with an offer to take the lot over the next week or so, I'll list them individually on here and Ebay (at cost on here, but with a bit of love added on Ebay!) to clear them all out, I'll give you first dibs on the big 'ol Kingsbury. :thumbsup:

A don't forget, price does not equal class :teethsmile:

34 minutes ago, MrF-UK82 said:

Love that Eterna. Its got a Seiko Presage cocktail like dial. 

Its a toss up between that and the Muhle as to which one of the 12 I end up regretting in a couple of weeks time.

Very different watches to each other, very different reasons, but both have been very nice to have owned.

we have very different tastes but I do like the Alpina - sell sell sell :thumbsup: buy buy buy etc etc ...

will be looking at moving on 3 of my 7 at the end of the week when I have a spare hour put a couple of sales posts together for here and one for the darkside.

its flippin' great :laughing2dw:

• Like 1

Right the danger zone has now clogged up the classifieds.

I find it much easier setting a price for those I bought second hand as I know what I paid for it second hand, the ones I bought new like the Eterna it's harder cos I know I've got to take a hit but not sure by how much so try to use eBay prices as a guide, feel free to tell me if any seem out of whack?

Also @Roy if sticking all 12 on at once and having such a chunk on the classifieds at the same time is a problem in any way at all, message me and let me know how many I should pull and I'll cancel some ASAP.

Thank you!