• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I Want To See Your Movements!

Stan

These photos show the GO Calibre 39.

WKGGu64.jpg

0KltzwY.jpg

The "39" was (and still is, as it is still being used) the final development of the GUB Calibre 10-30  --  but, interestingly, a "detuned version" was used for a while by Union, who called it Calibre 26.

My understanding is that the Calibre 26 versions are much more sought after than ETA versions

If you do have a "26", Sir  --  chapeau!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Good thread.

I tend to prefer a decent automatic over manual winding as I'm getting a bit older so occasionally forget to wind a manual watch.

I will also admit to being a bit of a Rolex fan though, whilst making a decent movement, they're nowhere near my favourite one.

This could be my number 1 choice: -

gk9xICR.jpg

A nice El Primero from around 1990. It makes a lovely noise with the high beat and is still pretty spot on with it's timing after all these years. :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I only own one example of it but I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the Luch 3055.  It's a very ugly duckling that nevertheless goes to show that even a movement seeming to have been cobbled together from a home electronics kit can out-perform some of those posh Swiss movements despite all their fancy technology, decorations and finery.

luch_3055_mvt.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...