• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Should the Middle Ground be Avoided?

16 minutes ago, Duncan U. said:

I couldn't agree more.

And I agree Bricey, it is a weird way to do business.

I bought my Rolex long enough ago that it was a similar price to Omega and cheaper than an IWC MkXll. At the time they were sold as a tough reliable good quality watch, no supply problems and much less hype.

But, after all the above, people still swallow the hype, join waiting lists, and proudly post on forums boasting "I got the call". 

So Who is to blame ? 

sheep-picture-id962277162?k=20&m=9622771

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

"Dogs are good friends."

"I might not shop happily often."

TCTUT.

YW. :thumbsup:

TTFN.

JY+points.jpg

As Raymondo might say "WTRT,J?"

Orf we jolly well go...bye for now :thumbsup:

Edited by RTM Boy

Just now, RTM Boy said:

bye for now

BFH.

Taking some £500 ish examples, anyone had a manufacturer service in the last year or two ?

Hamilton, Tissot, Certina, Seiko ?

Solely from my own experience, I've found Seiko 5's seem to last longer with zero care, and without fail, go in the bin at end of life. My O & W M65 ( ETA 2824-2) has had a lot of wear, and in 15 years, has required servicing 3 times. This is because it stopped/failed. The watch cost £125, the total cost of servicing adds up to £308. I have a Timex I've owned since new, bought sometime in the 1980's, and it has never had the back off and runs perfectly well, so, "quality" is a strange thing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WRENCH said:

"Dogs are good friends."

"I might not shop happily often."

TCTUT.

YW. :thumbsup:

TTFN.

JY+points.jpg

I don't know why I don't understand these things.

Maybe I live in a parallel dimension to everyone else. :thumbsup:

On 08/10/2021 at 13:24, Duncan U. said:

I was told my Datejust crystal was "shattered" I told them that it wasn't shattered when I hand delivered it to them, and as a dentist it was likely I would have noticed! They are regularly ripping off owners, I got it back and took it to an accredited service agent who said the crystal was fine.

Ok, I could afford the £175 in unnecessary parts, but I really don't like been taken for a fool and will never deal with Rolex UK again.

I don't believe that for a minute 

I've had nothing but exemplary service from both Rolex and a couple of their Ad's both buying and serving. Not say there might be isolated issues but deliberately ripping off customers I doubt very much. They sent my watch back in as new condition with a two year warranty. Completely hassle free all be it a bit expensive but hey ho. 

I've visited an RSC, the place was spotless and the staff I did speak to couldn't have been more professional. 

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

I don't believe that for a minute 

I've had nothing but exemplary service from both Rolex and a couple of their Ad's both buying and serving. Not say there might be isolated issues but deliberately ripping off customers I doubt very much. They sent my watch back in as new condition with a two year warranty. Completely hassle free all be it a bit expensive but hey ho. 

I've visited an RSC, the place was spotless and the staff I did speak to couldn't have been more professional. 

Obviously Mr Bond, you are a special case. But I think we knew that :thumbsup:

• Haha 3