• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

WRUW Saturday 9th October

Sulie

6 hours ago, Sulie said:

Morning all.. playing Star Wars late so took a quick snap .. should have fired up the lume on the monster lol 

may the Force Be With You 

have a good one if you can :yes:

5fp3GJd.jpg

qtCf8SO.jpg

According to the English to Yoda online translator you should have said "Fired up the lume on the monster I should have" :laughing2dw:

• Haha 5

Casio A1000MCG-9EF
Casio%20A1000MCG-9EF.jpg

I took a gamble on this little trinket; a premium Casio A1000MCG-9EF which arrived yesterday afternoon.  It's marketed as a ladies watch, has a faux mother of pearl dial, a solid stainless steel case and matching milanese bracelet in an ion-plated gold finish described by Casio as "delicate pink"!

RRP is a hefty (for what it is) £135 but I found one sold via Amazon EU for under £90, listed not as a Casio, but as a "GC Gaveno Cavailia".  The latter seems to be a soft furnishings/bedding manufacturer!

Anyway, thankfully it's not too pink (more a Champagne colour) and the uprated materials (inc. mineral crystal) give it a much higher quality feel than the standard resin-cased Casios.  It's quite a bit larger than an F-91W too.  It retains the classic Casio DNA but has evolved into a more sophisticated, elegant, less geeky package.

For those of us with enough confidence in our masculinity to rock a Cartier with a sapphire cabochon crown, this is easily wearable without feeling in the least bit emasculated :laugh:

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, rhaythorne said:

Casio A1000MCG-9EF
a faux mother of pearl dial, a solid stainless steel case and matching milanese bracelet in an ion-plated gold finish described by Casio as "delicate pink"!

Watches are such funny things.

If I read just your words, then I am think "oh dear god, that sounds horrendous!".

Casio%2520A1000MCG-9EF.jpg&xguid=ba810c5

But then I look at your picture and think

christian-bale-uh.gif

• Haha 4
  • Agree 3

After 3 days (mostly garbage) on the golf course, a relaxing day at home with the Armida - Tried lots of straps on this & ignoring the cries of "burn the heretic" this is a firm favourite ...

large.1707167138_armidaa1tanleatherwrist.jpg.6c86c586546bc7ddc17838f78db130fd.jpg 

large.226949570_armidaa1tanleatherwrist2.jpg.7b0bd13ace6b6baf3b4e71c22f9db4e4.jpg

• Like 13
  • Agree 1