• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Isotope “Will Return”

GASHEAD

I’ve just ordered one of these straight off the back of the weekly Worn and Wound newsletter. Am I mad?!

https://wornandwound.com/introducing-the-isotope-hydriumx-will-return-diver/?utm_source=Worn+%26+Wound+List&utm_campaign=02a3a82288-080920Newsletter_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0966c2d484-02a3a82288-346984105&mc_cid=02a3a82288&mc_eid=84ebd3d5bd

I just love the quirky design and fresh colour scheme, but the specs seem decent.

• Like 1

I love it when a microbrand tries something a little different and pushes the boundaries, trying to find that something unique in a product that has already been made in a million different variations of a fairly narrow theme.

However, a lot of times I find that they either go too far for my fairly plain and boring tastes or they end up looking a bit like a kids watch. I feel this is the later for me, but if it meets specs and the look appeals then there really is nothing more you could ask for, so I hope it does and you do.

Enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

58 minutes ago, GASHEAD said:

Just something fun for the summer. The fact I already own an Ikepod Megapod probably tells you all you need to know :partytime:

In the current "ocean of blandness", " same of sameness" and never ending "Dive of Diverness" microbrand offerings, It's good to see something stand out and loud, even if you don't like it. Sort of like Michael Portillo's jacket.

image.jpg?width=2048&enable=upscale

It sort of alerts your brain to the fact other life exists beyond the plethora of dull, without going full on "Timmy Mallett". :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

In the current "ocean of blandness", " same of sameness" and never ending "Dive of Diverness" microbrand offerings, It's good to see something stand out and loud, even if you don't like it. Sort of like Michael Portillo's jacket.

image.jpg?width=2048&enable=upscale

It sort of alerts your brain to the fact other life exists beyond the plethora of dull, without going full on "Timmy Mallett". :thumbsup:

That looks like his jacket was so awful the photographer tried to pixellate it.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, yokel said:

Well, I'm definitely guilty of liking watches influenced by Bauhaus  --  so, why not watches influenced by Kindergarten?

Well seeing as THE Bauhaus functioned between 1919 and 1933, the possibility of forum members attending (and being influenced by) Kindergarten is more likely, and some have never left. :laughing2dw: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Well seeing as THE Bauhaus functioned between 1919 and 1933, the possibility of forum members attending (and being influenced by) Kindergarten is more likely, and some have never left. :laughing2dw: 

Even I am not quite old enough to have attended THE Bauhaus  --  but, I have been to Weimar to look around :blush:

I think that Isotope Hydrium is awesome. How many look in their watch boxes and see 10, 20, 30 plus watches that look much of a muchness. I think having extreme options like that very different from the next is 'refreshing'. and in the world we live these days fun, smiles and happiness is worth more than cool. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 21:29, WRENCH said:

I really like that. Certainly not dull. :thumbsup:

8A500B43-48A5-4D6E-AA80-D8ED1F3E8CFD_1_1

If the bezel insert was black and it had "normal" (more common) hands, it would be dull. Very dull.

On the other hand...

If you took any watch that you like and switched in those awful stunted triangle hands and the cyan bezel, it would ruin a perfectly good watch and make it look silly.

I keep coming back to it looking like something Ravel would put out for pre-teens to buy for a tenner.