• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

A new Micro doing simple, right

Bricey

Whilst I'm not generally one for a cluttered dial, I generally like setting on the dial and sometimes find that too minimalist is as quick a turnoff as too busy.

But I came across this watch by Defakto and I have to say, it looks to have done minimalist very well indeed.

Defakto-Transit-Watch-Review-3.jpg

The finishing appears to be top notch and it comes with a ETA 2824-2. 

Defakto-Transit-Watch-Review-10.jpg

Defakto-Transit-Watch-Review-7.jpg

Too dull or a case of "less is more"?

Defakto-Transit-Watch-Review-25.jpg

I think it looks very classy despite being so simple and plain.

Review

https://wornandwound.com/review/review-the-defakto-transit-is-a-modern-minimalist-watch-from-the-ickler-family/

25 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

:hmmm9uh:

2-115-03-0005.jpg

To be fair, unless a microbrand puts out a watch with wings, horns and hooves hanging off of it, they will be hard pushed to not be similar to something else already in circulation :laughing2dw:

(Que @spinynorman posting a picture of a 1940's obscure French brand that incorporated dangling horns and hooves on the case and a winged logo!)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bricey said:

To be fair, unless a microbrand puts out a watch with wings, horns and hooves hanging off of it, they will be hard pushed to not be similar to something else already in circulation :laughing2dw:

And when they do they get slated by those who are afraid to wear one.

8A500B43-48A5-4D6E-AA80-D8ED1F3E8CFD_1_1

3 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

And when they do they get slated by those who are afraid to wear one.

8A500B43-48A5-4D6E-AA80-D8ED1F3E8CFD_1_1

I'm not terrified by the thought of wearing it.

The thought of watching an episode of the Kardashian's doesn't scare me either.

But despite being such a brave boy, I've no intention of ever doing either.

Defakto aren't really that new and neither are they really a microbrand.  The company is run by one of the Ickler family separately from their other brands (Archimede, Limes).  As a watchmaking family they've been in the business since the 1920's. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Bricey said:

(Que @spinynorman posting a picture of a 1940's obscure French brand that incorporated dangling horns and hooves on the case and a winged logo!)

I did copy all your criteria into Google Images, but nothing came up, except this - which doesn't meet any of the requirements, but is somewhat demonic and over complicated. Although, the shapes are hexagrams, not pentagrams and I don't know what effect that has on their ability to summon Lucifer.

hublot-BIG-BANG-SANG-BLEU-II.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, spinynorman said:

I did copy all your criteria into Google Images, but nothing came up, except this - which doesn't meet any of the requirements, but is somewhat demonic and over complicated. Although, the shapes are hexagrams, not pentagrams and I don't know what effect that has on their ability to summon Lucifer.

hublot-BIG-BANG-SANG-BLEU-II.jpg

What in hell's handcart are these! - Vaguely watch shaped? - Can you actually tell the time? - Suppose I shouldn't be surprised that they are Hublot ...

51 minutes ago, SolaVeritate said:

I found Defakto ages ago looking for alternative single hand watches (eins incognito) I have to say I kinda like them. 

Someone joked they would never buy one because Defakto sounded like defective. :biggrin:

David Lidington, in Teresa May's government, was always refered to as the "de facto deputy prime minister". Which I suppose means he wasn't really. It would certainly put me off having a Defakto on my wrist as a constant reminder.

I think having the hands larger/wider than the indices is a generally a good idea in my book, something I prefer anyway. I like the generally minimalist idea of the watch and the quality is definitely there, being German is usually a marker of quality (I wrote usually, just in case...).

The Isotope is like watching a movie so aweful you actually like it.

The Hublot, very busily geometric, and I think if Lucifer did turn up he would look at it in confusion.