• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Pocket Watch Alberts (chains)

Dilly

Hello,

My wife has recently bought me an antique 1920's Hamilton pocket watch as a graduation present. It never came with a chain and Im looking to buy one but it seems to be a bit of a mine field. Also online I am either finding cheap tat or antique valuable metals running over £1000 and not much in between. I have considered Cousins who sell solid silver at around £60 to £80 for a double Albert depending on weight. I eventually plan to buy a leather wristlet strap so I can wear it as a watch but I want an Albert for formal wear which doesnt happen a lot these days. So budget wise I want something of best quality I can get obviously but probably wouldnt want to spend more than £100. I wouldnt mind something with a fob even vicotrian style gem etc but this may be something I can buy seperatly and wouldnt mind costume jewellery for that part. My main concern first is the chain. Any recomendations new or used would be much appreciated. 

Thanks