• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Help needed - Crown removal on an Accurist Skymaster

Davey P

Question

Just a quickie, I'm trying to remove the crown on an Accurist Skymaster, and it has beaten me, so it's over to the experts! 

Here's a quick pic (ignore all the dirt and debris...).  What do I need to do to release the crown stem?

20211013_180234

Cheers,

Dave :thumbsup:

5 answers to this question

On 13/10/2021 at 21:07, spinynorman said:

I don't know, but there appears to be an answer in the linked thread. Not quite as simple as most watches.

Thanks for that mate.  The link was dead, but I managed to work it out from the description, and got the stem out.  However, after changing both batteries and reassembling the watch, it now has a working analogue part, keeping good time, but the digital display is dead (and that was previously working!) - I really shouldn't attempt these things.... :laughing2dw:

27 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Thanks for that mate.  The link was dead, but I managed to work it out from the description, and got the stem out.  However, after changing both batteries and reassembling the watch, it now has a working analogue part, keeping good time, but the digital display is dead (and that was previously working!) - I really shouldn't attempt these things.... :laughing2dw:

That's a shame, but at least part of it's working. I'm getting better at these things, but still have my fair share of disasters. Not least that I broke the spare crystal I had for the rose gold Accurist you sent me - that's a long story, but I have a source of cheap replacements. The other one, with the rather nice greenish dial, I hoped could be fixed by replacing the movement, but it's a Miyota AS10, and they're discontinued and like rocking horse dung, with no alternative that I can find. So I've put that to one side, in the hope inspiration will strike eventually. :laughing2dw:

13 hours ago, SolaVeritate said:

Some batteries (especially when there are 2) are inserted upside down. 

Something to look into.

Oooh, I hadn't thought of that.  There is a small rubber "bung" in between the 2 batteries, and I thought they were both the same way round, but of course I might be wrong.  Next time I take the watch apart I'll try flipping the large one over and see what happens.  Very frustrating, knowing that the digital functions were working previously... :(  If I can get it fully working I might have a go at changing the crystal as well, which is something I've never done before.  What could possibly go wrong... :laughing2dw:

15 hours ago, spinynorman said:

I'm getting better at these things, but still have my fair share of disasters. Not least that I broke the spare crystal I had for the rose gold Accurist you sent me - that's a long story, but I have a source of cheap replacements.

Bummer, that's just the sort of thing that would happen to me :mad0218: