UK Watch Forum banner

Did it, grail and icon bought from AD

1K views 47 replies 30 participants last post by  neil wickham 
#1 ·
Will update with more and better pics soon, just out to lunch with the boys right now and don't want to be rude.

Watch Tableware Drinkware Fluid Beer

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
If I were 20stone that would be my watch of choice. A good watch for a big man.

Reactions: JayDeep
#12 ·
It's a watch I absolutely adore, but don't think I'd be able to carry off.

Iconic, as recent threads debated, is a term thrown around all too easily when we (or certainly PR departments of watch manufacturers) discuss timepieces, but this makes any "icons" list imho.

Enjoy buddy, I just hope that it doesn't starve some of your other watches of wrist time, always a risk when a grail of such standing is landed.

#15 ·
Never had one but do like the look of it. My grandson thinks I'm "nuts" now. If I bought one he'd probably try and disown me Head Chin Smile Cartoon Font

You enjoy it looks great on you Building Yellow Font Electric blue Circle

Attachments

#17 ·
Impostor alert :huh:

Is this really the @JayDeep we know and love?

Nice thing, Sir. Wear with great pride :thumbsup:

#22 ·
I think I must be the only here who doesn't like it much :(

I know it's a classic & a undoubtedly a quality watch but chronographs, square cases & blue dials never have, & probably never will, been my particular cup of gruel. Sorry to rain (a bit ) on your parade Colin - I hope you get many many years of enjoyment from it :thumbs_up:

#24 ·
I think I must be the only here who doesn't like it much :(

I know it's a classic & a undoubtedly a quality watch but chronographs, square cases & blue dials never have, & probably never will, been my particular cup of gruel. Sorry to rain (a bit ) on your parade Colin - I hope you get many many years of enjoyment from it :thumbs_up:
I will, even time Jay wears it. :laughing2dw:

#23 ·
Life would be pretty boring if we all had exactly the same taste. Not only that, we'd probably mostly die squabbling over the same lady :(

@JayDeep can hardly complain (and I don't think he would) about contrary opinions on his taste in watches -- he himself is adept at giving a "hard pass" (which I hope is clean) in his comments on others' acquisitions and interests, which I'm sure is not intended to be a put-down.

#29 ·
Well done on the new watch Jay! As for me I'm still undecided about this watch, very much on the fence about it. I recognise that its very much an iconic watch and I very much respect that but I guess I'm just still undecided about it. What I do like about it is that you could clock this from a mile off and instantly recognise what it is! I like that in a watch!

#34 ·
Iconic without McQueen or being Tag, no. Desirable, yes, because the look and design is phenomenal. But the same could be said about the Speedmaster if not the moon watch or Omega. I mean it's really not much of anything to think about really.

#45 ·
Congratulations, a grail and from an AD!!

Looks great IMO
Yeah, I've decided I'm done trying these Grey Market dealers who lie about what they have "in stock"and then lie about delivery times. From now on, with higher end stuff, I'm buying AD only. Thanks!

Not quite square but

Bon2010DecLot32-1.jpg

Microtimer.jpg
Camaro hell yeah, agreed, but the digital is laughable at best.

1. Camaro (it's square enough!)

2. Silverstone

3. Monaco

4. Monza

Though that is a nice looking digital watch there @BondandBigM!
Again, agreed with Camaro, but the rest can fall off a cliff as far as I'm concerned. The Silverstone is just odd,I don't hate it, but I do hate the crown at 9 o'clock with pushers at 2 and 4. Terrible balance to my eyes, runs it, as well as the rounded edges. Visually makes me shudder.

So my list is simple then...

1. Camaro

2. Monaco

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.