• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Did it, grail and icon bought from AD

JayDeep

8 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

No idea what 20 stone even means. But I don't care at all about how things look to others, only how they look to me. 

280ibs in American lingo I believe.    You should quite being so defensive though.   It's a big watch and it's a great choice for big guys - simple fact.  I don't know your wrist size but would guess its bigger than mine and your taste is different to mine anyway... still I shouldn't have to explain my positive comment.... if I were bigger I would love one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daveyboyz said:

280ibs in American lingo I believe.    You should quite being so defensive though.   It's a big watch and it's a great choice for big guys - simple fact.  I don't know your wrist size but would guess its bigger than mine and your taste is different to mine anyway... still I shouldn't have to explain my positive comment.... if I were bigger I would love one.

Lol not being defensive at all, just a point of fact. I don't care what others think, I care what I think. Speaking of what I think, I'm pretty sure my wrists are of the smallest here. 6.5 inch.

It's a watch I absolutely adore, but don't think I'd be able to carry off.

Iconic, as recent threads debated, is a term thrown around all too easily when we (or certainly PR departments of watch manufacturers) discuss timepieces, but this makes any "icons" list imho.

Enjoy buddy, I just hope that it doesn't starve some of your other watches of wrist time, always a risk when a grail of such standing is landed.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, JayDeep said:

Lol not being defensive at all, just a point of fact. I don't care what others think, I care what I think. Speaking of what I think, I'm pretty sure my wrists are of the smallest here. 6.5 inch.

Why share it here if you dont care what we think! 

One of my favorite watches, I like how it is obviously what it is, a bit like cars were when you could spot a 205 Gti, RS Turbo or Golf Gti from miles away due to its shape instead of the contemporary egg shape we have today. Screw aerodynamics Ill have a flat fronted Integralle any day. 

One comment, from the pics Im not keen on the strap, looks a little dressy. I think it would look the dogs with a lighter leather, one of the chunky tan rustic type with contrast stitching. I think its more a stubble, denim, dude kind of watch than a dressy type. 

Enjoy. 

Edited by Dilly
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Dilly said:

Why share it here if you dont care what we think! 

The only opinion that matters is that of the owner. This is a watch forum and we post photos of our watches. Some will like them and others may hate them - all entitled to an opinion but it need not bother the owner.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, richy176 said:

The only opinion that matters is that of the owner. This is a watch forum and we post photos of our watches. Some will like them and others may hate them - all entitled to an opinion but it need not bother the owner.

Agreed, I've shared my Tempore Lux (remember that monster?!), Ornake and Saint Honore (the legendary French Cake Watch) with as much happiness, pride and gusto as my more mainstream and recognisable purchases.

It's sometimes fun to see the reaction to the dross as much as get the back pats for picking up a winner.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I think I must be the only here who doesn't like it much :(

I know it's a classic & a undoubtedly a quality watch but chronographs, square cases & blue dials never have, & probably never will, been my particular cup of gruel. Sorry to rain (a bit ) on your parade Colin - I hope you get many many years of enjoyment from it :thumbs_up:

• Like 1

Life would be pretty boring if we all had exactly the same taste. Not only that, we'd probably mostly die squabbling over the same lady :(

@JayDeep can hardly complain (and I don't think he would) about contrary opinions on his taste in watches  --  he himself is adept at giving a "hard pass" (which I hope is clean) in his comments on others' acquisitions and interests, which I'm sure is not intended to be a put-down.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, pauluspaolo said:

I think I must be the only here who doesn't like it much :(

I know it's a classic & a undoubtedly a quality watch but chronographs, square cases & blue dials never have, & probably never will, been my particular cup of gruel. Sorry to rain (a bit ) on your parade Colin - I hope you get many many years of enjoyment from it :thumbs_up:

I will, even time Jay wears it. :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1