Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Timefactors Baby Dreadnought Polar


gavbaz
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, gavbaz said:

Due for sale this weekend. Looks a winner to me. At 38mm and 45mm L2L, it could be a fantastic buy. 
 

Anyone else hoping to get one Sunday? 
 

C6BF59A0-A63F-4536-B8D1-9C702A5FDD64.thumb.jpeg.9d4bbb86d1dea158842128a13deedb0a.jpeg

No

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

A bit of a mish mash and that big hand small hand thing just looks odd. 

Each to their own but not for me. 

The shirt is a bit dodgy as well 

:biggrin:

  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, gavbaz said:

Anyone else hoping to get one Sunday

Where are you getting it from? I have a great grandfather to this which is over 100 years old and still maintains brilliant accuracy. Whilst I need to stop purchasing this year ( already exceeded budget) this might be an exception. Any idea how much they are going for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Welsh Wizard said:

Where are you getting it from? I have a great grandfather to this which is over 100 years old and still maintains brilliant accuracy. Whilst I need to stop purchasing this year ( already exceeded budget) this might be an exception. Any idea how much they are going for?

Direct off the Timefactors store hopefully. Think they are £360. :)

4 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

No

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

A bit of a mish mash and that big hand small hand thing just looks odd. 

Each to their own but not for me. 

The shirt is a bit dodgy as well 

:biggrin:

Each to their own as you say, however I do agree about the shirt! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the Time Factors company and Eddie is straight to the point no BS which Im good with. I recently completed my MSc and wanted the Gilt Smiths and had tried 4 times with my wife sitting at the dining table on the Sundays to get one but no joy. But I can buy a brand new one on ebay for £500. Ive lost faith with the set up. It is basically now replicating what happens with Rolex. The thing I dont understand is yes Eddie is making his cut and demand is good but what % of his customers are now flippers not watch enthusiasts that want to keep and enjoy his product. The set up is allowing flippers to make an easy profit when he has to work for his. Makes no sense. The point of the Smiths brand is a good product at a fair price. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dilly said:

I like the Time Factors company and Eddie is straight to the point no BS which Im good with. I recently completed my MSc and wanted the Gilt Smiths and had tried 4 times with my wife sitting at the dining table on the Sundays to get one but no joy. But I can buy a brand new one on ebay for £500. Ive lost faith with the set up. It is basically now replicating what happens with Rolex. The thing I dont understand is yes Eddie is making his cut and demand is good but what % of his customers are now flippers not watch enthusiasts that want to keep and enjoy his product. The set up is allowing flippers to make an easy profit when he has to work for his. Makes no sense. The point of the Smiths brand is a good product at a fair price. 

Agree, in some aspects a more traditional waiting list would seem a fairer, more sensible way to go.

Sure some people would still sit out their wait and then look to flip the watch, but the flippers would at least have to be prepared to part with their money and wait a month or months for delivery like everyone else, and I'm sure just that step would put some off that are looking for a fast buck knowing they'll buy on Sunday, and then get their money back (plus profit) within days through an ebay sale.

Plus those that actually want the watch for themselves would be less inclined to buy the flipped watch as they would have some certainty that they will get the watch they want, all be it after a wait. At the moment the genuine buyers can't be sure they will be lucky enough to win the "one Sunday per month" lottery before the model they like is eventually put out to pasture, so the only sure thing is to grab from a flipper as soon as they see one.

I'd personally rather he put the price up 10 or 15%, and had a set waiting list, and if I was his accountant (I'm not) I would strongly suggest that to be a better business model, it would improve brand recognition and customer satisfaction, improve his margins, allow him to stock and order in line with demand, and reduce the bad press and negative emotion caused by the flipping flippers.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My transaction with Timefactors was flawless. 2 weeks for delivery and no fuss. I decided on what I wanted, I waited and watched, I purchased at cost price.

It is like anything in life, if you want things now, you pay more for your impatience. 

I won't be selling my purchase but many people flip watches..

Combine the two and it just becomes a situation with not much intentional malice but based on greed and impatience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SolaVeritate said:

My transaction with Timefactors was flawless. 2 weeks for delivery and no fuss. I decided on what I wanted, I waited and watched, I purchased at cost price.

It is like anything in life, if you want things now, you pay more for your impatience. 

I won't be selling my purchase but many people flip watches..

Combine the two and it just becomes a situation with not much intentional malice but based on greed and impatience. 

I'm sure that is the case with some, but I'm equally confident that some people sit and wait for the shop to open grab whatever they can with the sole intention of selling in for a profit, and would offer the numerous times you see someone on ebay selling more than one unworn Smith Time factors watch and explaining how rare they are.

That's just opportunistic profiteering and not really right imo, although we have to accept the unlike some other brands (glances subcontiously at my wrist) who shall remain nameless, Time Factors do not appear to deliberately foster (maybe even, encourage and stumulate) this, it's just the way he has set things up allows for such abuse of the system.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Bricey said:

I'm sure that is the case with some, but I'm equally confident that some people sit and wait for the shop to open grab whatever they can with the sole intention of selling in for a profit, and would offer the numerous times you see someone on ebay selling more than one unworn Smith Time factors watch and explaining how rare they are.

That's just opportunistic profiteering and not really right imo, although we have to accept the unlike some other brands (glances subcontiously at my wrist) who shall remain nameless, Time Factors do not appear to deliberately foster (maybe even, encourage and stumulate) this, it's just the way he has set things up allows for such abuse of the system.

 

Well all said and done, nobody can lay blame on Timefactors. Their model of business is their model of business and if it is abused then it is abused.

@gavbaz all I found was a stress free purchasing system. I waited, set an alarm on my phone for that day and time, paid through my phone browser and the watch arrived perfect. :thumbsup:

I got a PRS-40 and it was hassle free. Good luck with your purchase and I hope you like it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's a discussion about the shop issues over on TZ-UK but the gist of it is:

Eddie works out of his house and employs his nephew to help with packing and posting. Due to space restrictions this allows him to QC and send a fixed number of watches per week. The shop he uses only allows funds to be held for a week before being refunded and funds cannot be paid until shipment. This severely limits how many watches can be sent per week even if more are in stock. I believe his previous store setup allowed funds to be held for 30 days but this still doesn't help with things when demand is high and people were antsy about funds being held for that long with no product sent hence the switch to a 7 day shop. 

The current discussion is for other sub vendors to be set up to help out but ultimately this is down to Eddie and from what little I know of him this is probably not his style.

As for the big hand / little hand. Most serious divers have some way of emphasising the minute hand as this is the 'important one' on a dive, look at the Omega Ploprof for example. The dreadnaught itself is quite a historical piece as it pretty much started the whole microbrand thing back in the 90's.

I'm lucky enough to own a 40mm smiths Everest which is a great watch and Id encourage anyone who is taken by one of eddies pieces to persevere with the shop setup, they are certainly worth it.

Eddie sometimes does not have the best customer interactions but I have never had any issue in my communication with him. He does not seem to suffer fools gladly which may not be the best thing when customer facing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...