UK Watch Forum banner

New Traska Model - Venturer

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  JayDeep 
#1 ·
https://www.thetimebum.com/2021/10/updates-and-a-new-model-from-traska.html

I got the Summiteer recently, and it is an immediate favourite of mine. The quality is astoundingly good, the watch looks, wears and feels so right in every conceivable way.

Even the insides, something that I understand so little about that I normal just worry about it being accurate to within a minute or two each week, is something they take more seriously than their price tag suggests with watches all coming regulated in 4 positions.

They have made modifications across all 3 of their existing models, not just resting on their laurels and good reviews but striving to improve as they go, and have launched a 4th model, that I have to say I think looks pretty smart.

Venturer-Steel-Blue-Wrist.jpg?resize=144

An internal gmt bezel with a second crown at 10 o'clock, its understatedly handsome whilst also practical. Comes in a choice of dials colours...

Venturer-2.jpg?resize=1440,814&ssl=1

"The new collection will be available for reservation for a 48-hour window starting Saturday, October 16th at 10:00 am EST. Instead of full-price pre-orders, the brand is taking just a $50 deposit per watch with the remainder due just prior to shipping - likely early January 2022."

Whilst I'm comfortable with my opinion on a watch not being worth very much at all, I cannot recommend Traska highly enough based upon my single experience of their work.

if you are in the market for something different from a microbrand under five hundred quid, you seem to get a lot more than your money's worth.

:thumbsup:

See less See more
#2 ·
The tone of blue on the dial is quite nice. Probably the only one I'd bother thinking about because the dial colour is a bit different.

The black one is ok. The white one (the grey gmt ring especially) I don't particularly like. And mint green?

Quality seems good from what I hear, but lots of similar options.

#3 ·
Quality seems good from what I hear, but lots of similar options.
I'd agree that a fair criticism would be that all four of their models probably cover a very small/similar area, in fact the new one probably fills the small gap between the Greediver and the Commuter and Summiteer (which are very, very similar to each other).

The plus side for me is its an area that I like.

#5 ·
Seems pretty well executed. The dimensions look nice too, assuming thats an average sized wrist its not oversized.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
The execution (certainly of the example I own) is excellent. Whilst I can compare and contrast with first hand examples of trinity pieces and high end watches, Traska's quality does, in my opinion, stand up well against the watches I regard as the upper end of my collecrion/collecting (Tag, Tudor, Ball, Eterna, Oris, Certina and CW as examples).

They seem, to me at least, to be focusing on doing the basics brilliantly, rather than trying to put out unique or visually different or daring watches, they are sticking to relatively simple designs and then focusing on delivering an outstanding level of quality at their price point. I honestly believe that they are a brand selling £2k watches at £500 RRP's.

Won't be for everyone, i doubt they'll be releasing anything that looks complex or dramatic, but as I like the more understated sizes and designs, they are absolutely a brand I will follow closely, they seem to have a real passion to do "ordinary" "exceptionally".

Reactions: Daveyboyz
#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
I get that and think that will be the case for many, like I said in a strange way I think that is their aim, it's as if they are (to misuse D&D parlance) trying to max out on dexterity and constitution and accepting that it means a 1 in Charisma.

For boring old farts like chunky accountants with 8 kids and grey hair, I like bland designs so that allows me to get something of decent quality with the payoff being it won't impress those whose fashion sense runs to more than a monochrome palette.

Reactions: JayDeep
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.