• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Tuesday 26th October display

Sulie

2 hours ago, Sulie said:

Morning all, getting in early as work tomorrow and won’t have time !! Have a good one if you can :biggrin:

YXwlUjX.jpg

Is this Omega from the 70's? It's very nice. I might be on my own in thinking that Omega today seem to have lost their way. All the older watches are elegant in my view, no great big arrow hands etc. Undoubtedly still very well made but not as nice. Probably my age.:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

This today,

Have any of you got a watch with an AS5206 movement? I’m curious as to whether it feels agricultural, mine winds and runs like a vintage car, I think of it as charming but it could easily mean knackered!

image.jpg

• Like 16
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Seem to be a few of these around today so thought I’d join with my comrades.

” The working class can kiss my arse, I’ve got the foreman’s job at last” sung to the tune of we’ll keep the Red flag flying high.whistle.gif.043a27b5e638d00b8a910f7272f04cc8.gif
Yeah, I know I’ve had a bad night and too many painkillers 

533A8621-9071-4BBF-A386-383700977087.thumb.jpeg.3fe3bce0179889d1d756e6870e4e2aba.jpeg

E35282D2-42E3-48A8-B48A-16CD33F6250C.thumb.jpeg.a1f41be9954c2be9ff3e93c5b61e5d1f.jpeg

Have a good day all Rrre.gif.372fbe7b5a1d56e7cb247b0f2d4d3ff1.gif

Edited by Welsh Wizard
Head shot
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

This Bulova Accutron came from an American collector in 2014. Dating from 1977 (date code N7 on caseback), it is quite a small watch at only 34mm, so probably a ladies or child's model. It uses the slightly later 2192 movement, in which one of the two tuning fork coils was replaced with a counterweight. It has been calibrated to take a 377 cell, which fits upside down, ie. +ve side down. This doesn't affect the timekeeping in any way, and the watch still has the sweeping second hand and distinctive hum when held to the ear. According to the collector I bought it from, it was originally purchased in Disneyland, Florida. It came on an expanding 'Spiedel' bracelet, but I changed this for a white sharkskin strap, as my wife, who wears the watch, didn't like the tight fit. It was given a complete service by our own electronic watch maestro Paul (Silverhawk) in 2015 including strip down, clean, lube, and case re-polish. I have never seen another Bulova 'Mickey' apart from the ones in Paul's collection and it remains one of the most expensive watches I own.

Bulova Accutron Mickey Mouse Watch

Bulova Accutron, Mickey Mouse.

Bulova Accutron Mickey Mouse watch

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

10 hours ago, Sulie said:

Morning all, getting in early as work tomorrow and won’t have time !! Have a good one if you can :biggrin:

YXwlUjX.jpg

Hi yes this is a 70’s model .. electric and known as the cone .. this version has the crown at two o’clock which I rather like :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, chas g said:

Is this Omega from the 70's? It's very nice. I might be on my own in thinking that Omega today seem to have lost their way. All the older watches are elegant in my view, no great big arrow hands etc. Undoubtedly still very well made but not as nice. Probably my age.:thumbsup:

Hi yes this is a 70’s model .. electric and known as the cone .. this version has the crown at two o’clock which I rather like :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1