• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

new watch

Ging

Looks a good 'un to me :)

Having recently recovered from a bad back - caused by me reaching for, not actually picking up or moving, an aluminium step ladder - I feel your pain. I found that ibuleve (not sure of the spelling) worked wonders for me. Rubbing it on my back just before bedding down for the night meant that it did its stuff whilst I was asleep & I woke up the next day feeling largely pain free & able to move freely. The pain would return during the day but taking ibuprofen kept the worst at bay until it was time for bed & I could repeat the ibuleve treatment. I did the damage/reaching for the ladder last Sunday & I'm pretty much pain free now. As bad backs go I doubt if it was the most severe but it certainly hurt like hell & my movement was very restricted..

Sorry for the long reply - I hope you're feeling better soon & enjoy the watch  :thumbs_up:

42 minutes ago, Bricey said:

Get well soon, a new watch is surprsiingly good at easing ones ills imo.

You should know Colin - you get a new watch every day so must have eternal youth & be running round like a spring chicken by now :laugh: :yahoo: (I jest & where's that ruddy spring chicken emoji gone?)

Edited by pauluspaolo
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ging said:

i hurt my back at work yesterday so had to come home feeling down and in pain then this turned up thanks to ice blue and cheered me up but didn't get rid of the pain

Some you win, some you lose, but that’s a nice compensation. 

My back felt a bit dodgy this morning, probably down to the fact that I spent the morning on the golf range then played 18 holes in the afternoon carrying my bag. I definitely need to get a trolley! Anyone want to send me a watch to make it better? Preferably @yokel or @Daveyboyz ?

Actually, I feel better now – I did some light stretching work in the gym and had a long sauna. Works wonders!

• Haha 2

Nice watch :thumbsup: - Another back sufferer here - I have long term degeneration issues with mine & take paracetamol & ibuprofen daily - But best relief I get is from a TENS machine (bought one for about £30) - I do 2x 1x hour sessions on mine every day, followed by some gentle stretching exercises - All that was after seeing a sports physio when I was at a very low place with my back

1 hour ago, AVO said:

I definitely need to get a trolley! A

Where do you live @AVO I no longer play golf due to a hip injury and I do have a spare trolley which you can have if you want to collect it. I’ll take a photo of it tomorrow and let you see. It is in good condition and I don’t want anything for it.Please let me know

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 28/10/2021 at 14:10, Ging said:

i hurt my back at work yesterday so had to come home feeling down and in pain then this turned up thanks to ice blue and cheered me up but didn't get rid of the pain

20211027_110738.thumb.jpg.07e2114a44323a7dc592d3b5da853201.jpg

Damn it man that looks lovely! Is it a Seiko 5 monster? After i bought the Arnie i said i wouldnt buy another Seiko, that was only a week ago and now im already wavering!