• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Friday watch

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such an unexplainable game this watch lark. I don't like sub-a-likes, I'm not a fan of quartz, I don't like the indices (colour, shape or execution), and out of a current collection of 30, this ranks 28th in terms of price paid.

I could list the reasons why it's definitely a bit naff.

But I love it, and just paid fully 60% of what the watch cost me to buy a replacement strap from Davosa to get it back to 100% as new.

yag2mLv.jpeg

Rf4BU9T.jpeg

I am convinced, watches are an illness.

Edit: apologies for leaving a bit of my dinner on the 23rd hour of the bezel! :ooops:

Edited by Bricey
  • Like 16

Seiko 7T32-7F70.

It's a Seiko 7T32 from me today. One of Seiko's most prolific model ranges, in production from 1988 to 2002 when the 7T62 took over. There were literally hundreds of different models, lots coming in several colours as with the yellow one below which was also available with an all black dial, and blue dial with silver subs. Characterised by the three pushers and two crowns, the lower of which (at the 4 position)  is used to set the alarm. The alarm sub dial can also be used to track a second time zone. The top two pushers operate the chrono function while the lower left one is used in conjunction with the lower crown to set the alarm. They have a lot of plastic gears in them which accounts for a lot of failures, and because they are no longer made, the easiest way to revive a duff one is to buy a donor watch, of which there are still plenty and swap the complete movement. I had lots of them over the years, most were the more unusual ones, but this one remains as I love the vibrant yellow dial.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Sun's shining here. What passes for breakfast here at Spiny Villas is a Real Lancashire Eccles Cake. Made with real lancashire eccles. No homages here. :)

Meanwhile, back in watch land, I moved the Edifice onto a nice soft leather rally strap, £10 from Ebay, which is much nicer than the stiff old thing it was on before.

large.AA1BF599-8E4D-4BBE-BDA1-CDB2C39ACAC1.jpeg.ba8e0bb5c72b60b84f3f4e3050688912.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dapper said:

8a4ojyZ.jpg?2

Amazes me how often I see a watch on the WRUW thread and think "that's very dapper", then scroll up and see that it is indeed, Dapper.

2 hours ago, Boots said:

large._N8Y6535.JPG.5e26c6690391a6d503adda421a1fe66c.JPG

large._N8Y6529.JPG.a023b91cedde8ee9c57d9094c75d083b.JPG

See, wouldn't that live it's grandson to join it in your collection! :whistle:

Really thought my Eterna would be gone by now.

4 hours ago, Bricey said:

Such an unexplainable game this watch lark. I don't like sub-a-likes, I'm not a fan of quartz, I don't like the indices (colour, shape or execution), and out of a current collection of 30, this ranks 28th in terms of price paid.

I could list the reasons why it's definitely a bit naff.

But I love it, and just paid fully 60% of what the watch cost me to buy a replacement strap from Davosa to get it back to 100% as new.

yag2mLv.jpeg

Rf4BU9T.jpeg

I am convinced, watches are an illness.

Edit: apologies for leaving a bit of my dinner on the 23rd hour of the bezel! :ooops:

Another mad fact about this watch, the 1st pull out point of the crown allows you to set the date one way and the "gmt" hand the other way, so you can only advance the gmt in one direction (clockwise around the face) and it is not particularly easy as it has a tenancy to slip a little as you replace the crown (so have to go again and advance all the way round if it jumps forward).

Also, you can set it for anything, so the time can read quarter past and according to the gmt hand it is half past the hour somewhere in the world.

I really cannot understand why wearing it makes me so happy! :laughing2dw:

Edited by Bricey

I wasn`t sure what to start with until I saw the Orient above, then  this pair called to me*..

SEIKO SKZ211(modified/improved by Roy Taylor (aka The Boss) ), cal.7S36, 23 Jewels (made in April 2005)

ORIENT CEM65006D, cal. EM85CS, 21 Jewels

1483975401_SeikoOrientDSC_0009.jpg.b6b1a05d9d21bcf1f54239e493401191.jpg

*  & no. I haven`t a clue why   :huh:

:tongue:

• Like 11