• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Saturday watch

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seiko 6139-6005 Pepsi aka ‘The Pogue’.

As many will know, this watch famously became the first automatic watch worn in space. In 1973, Col. William Pogue took his Seiko on board the Skylab 4 mission. It had originally been thought that a Sinn was the first auto into space in the 1985 Skylab D1 mission, but in 2007 an enthusiast spotted the 6139 on Pogue’s wrist in some photos and after corresponding with the retired astronaut, it was confirmed that he had worn the Seiko twelve years earlier, thus forever changing the history of timepieces in space. Although some people refer to the blue and silver models of this watch as a ‘Pogue’, strictly speaking it should only be the yellow model that bears the name, and it should also be the 6005 (American) model. I bought this one in 2006 to replace the one that my parents bought me for my 21st, and which was subsequently lost. In 2007 it was fully serviced by Goldsmiths, and in 2016, underwent a complete cosmetic refurb.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

I hope the weather is better where you guys are! I'm sitting in a steamed up car in a hospital car park after dropping my daughter off. I thought I would go for the classic show your expensive watch and car badge combo shot........with my Komandirskie and Citroen Cactus :biggrin:

large.IMG_20211030_085758738.jpg.0b1d1dff6ec3948496ca1a163137b847.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Fantastic new arrival from the fantastic @scottswatches, fantastic service and very much under promise over perform imo, because this watch is stunning and appears to be brand new (if it has been worn, it was sparingly and carefully!)

cwWpuSj.jpeg

61gJfbc.jpeg

The colours are fantastic, this vibrant blue in the sunshine drops to a deep moody blue away from the autumn rays.

16355903491721823788915544671523.thumb.jpg.e57e3575f71227dc181d8ae42e2e769e.jpg

An absolute beauty and immediate favourite, has significantly improved the overall vibe of my little quartz sub-collectiin box.

Thanks again Scott.

Edited by Bricey
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3